Douglas County

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by modulation, Sep 10, 2006.

1. modulation

modulation New Member

I have applied for and received my CCW from Douglas County.
    The probate court didn't ask for my SSN, however they did ask for my work address (not sure why). The probate court employees were very professional and did not seem to care one way or another about the CCW.

When I was being finger printed by Douglas County Police, the female Deputy did ask my why I wanted a CCW. I wanted to say "It's none of your business" or "it's my constitutional right" but instead I told her that after hearing from my friend in FL how hard and expensive it is to get one there, and when I learned how easy and cheap it was in GA I might as well just get one. She didn't seem to happy with that answer but didn't say anything.

I was on vacation for a week so I don't know the exact time, but it was right around three months to receive it in the mail.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:soapbox: :rant:

Haven't you seen the news about all these criminal cops out there? :D

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Malum - Very funny

I like that answer........

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Not that I would have used it. I would have respondend, "Need?" and raised a supercilious brow.

5. hightechredneck

hightechredneck New Member

Ahhhh! Isn't Douglas County great! Not perfect...... but nicer than most.

I know the probate judge, we're lucky to have him. Pro 2A and a nice guy.

It took me a bit longer than the 3 months to get mine but I had to clear up something on my BG check b4 he would issue my permit. I had an arrest back in 1992 (they had the wrong guy). It never went anywhere and I was never charged with anything...since I had done nothing wrong. Some lazy govt. worker never entered any of that into the system so it was stuck on my record as an arrest with no outcome. It took 4 months of calling/writing the police in Jackson, MS. It finally took a trip over there and my uncle (lawyer) went with me to hold the lady's hand as she did her job.... Once I had my paperwork I set up an appt. with the judge, it took 1 day to see him.. Once paperwork was presented he signed my permit right there.

6. qre2457

qre2457 New Member

This thread is old, but it is still relevant to those in Douglas County. I recently received my license.

-No issues at probate office. No questions regarding why. Very professional.
    -Fingerprinting was hit and miss. You have to guess when there is no one ahead of you. Took about 1 hour (2 ahead of me). Printer was professional and positive people about people obtaining the license.
    -Received license 75 days after being finger printed.

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO qre2457!

Did they ask you for your SSN or where you are employed?

8. qre2457

qre2457 New Member

I am self employed, so stating that gave my work address. The form asked for the SSN but stated it was not required. I did provide it.

I have to say that I was a little anxious asking the guards where to go for a pistol permit and asking the probate court clerks about it since many people think only nuts and criminals want to carry; however, all were very helpful and nonjudgmental. In fact one officer mentioned that they felt everyone should get one and carry all the time.

9. tony218

tony218 New Member

criminals don't apply for carry permits (usually)