Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You’d think cops, if all people, would recognize flaked-off icing from a Krispy Kreme doughnut, on the floor of an old guy’s car.

You’d be wrong.

You’d expect a “drug field test kit†to have some chemistry and science behind it, so the test results are accurate.

You would be wrong on that, too.

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE:

“NPR reports that the cheap drug-testing kits that law enforcement rely on in the field are often inaccurate: A 2016 ProPublica-New York Times probe found false positives often emerge from these kits, with 21% of evidence wrongly determined by Florida cops to be meth.â€

Article:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/17/ate-krispy-kreme-doughnut-in-his-car-is-now-37g-richer.html

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
You'd think cops, if all people, would recognize flaked-off icing from a Krispy Kreme doughnut, on the floor of an old guy's car.
You'd be wrong.
You'd expect a "drug field test kit" to have some chemistry and science behind it, so the test results are accurate.
You would be wrong on that, too.

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE:
"NPR reports that the cheap drug-testing kits that law enforcement rely on in the field are often inaccurate: A 2016 ProPublica-New York Times probe found false positives often emerge from these kits, with 21% of evidence wrongly determined by Florida cops to be meth."

Article:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/17/ate-krispy-kreme-doughnut-in-his-car-is-now-37g-richer.html
21% sounds like reasonable doubt for every field drug test ever performed.

This **** persists for one reason. The state, and it's actors, suffer no penalty for being wrong. In the majority of cases, this is true even when the actors are known to have been grossly negligent in the performance of their duties.

And even after they have been proven to have behaved badly, they still do not do the right thing. From the article:
Rushing has no hard feelings and says his goal now is to get his arrest wiped
He should not even have to ask. The government should be bending over backwards to clean up the mess they made. Why? Because there is zero accountability.

And how did we end up here to begin with?
In Rushing's case, the cops weren't trained correctly in using the kits
So the department failed to train it's people. The people failed to refrain from use of a tool they did not understand. And after being proven to have harmed an innocent man, the city council failed to fire the chief for mismanagement. And the citizen, at their own time and expense is left to clean up the mess they created.

They better be glad it wasn't me. I would have spent $37G running for mayor and the first 100 days seeing how many people I could fire.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
Here is a prime example of what I just described. An officer looses his sh*t, shoots an someone at while other responders walk around calmly, and the accused "spent 42 days in jail on felony charges, accused of causing what was described in court statements as a "panic attack".

How this is isn't criminal behavior is beyond me:
"Because of the assault on Johnson and the fact that he was taken to the hospital with injuries and may have suffered some type of cardiac event as the result of this assault by both the male and female and all the statements and evidence, I charged" Mullinax and Cody with aggravated assault, Bohanan wrote.

And to add insult to injury, "Deputy Justin Johnson did not mention the panic attack in his report on the December 2016 incident, and he remains on active duty"

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Tara Drummond

The Police Academy firearms instuctor that showed a room full of cadets, in a classroom, how to do a "tactical reload" with a full magazine, and shot a young woman in the chest, killing her...

Kept his job (well, maybe after reassignment), and he didn't have to pay anything to anybody over that.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Not surprised and the war on drugs sucks anyway

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Cobb County taxpayers footed the one million dollar settlement.

The Police Academy firearms instuctor that showed a room full of cadets, in a classroom, how to do a “tactical reload†with a full magazine, and shot a young woman in the chest, killing her...

Kept his job (well, maybe after reassignment), and he didn’t have to pay anything to anybody over that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts