·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
http://www.mysouthwestga.com/news/story.aspx?id=559182
Chief Cheek said that Thomas will be charged with felony murder, armed robbery, and possession of a firearm during the commission a crime. Chief Cheek said more charges are pending against Thomas, and added that Thomas is a convicted felon and that he had robbed the same convenience store last year.

My prayers go out to his family.

Edit: Sorry I was posting mine while you had found the same fact.

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
RIP Lt. Cliff Rouse. Prayers for his family and friends.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Tragic and senseless, my prayers go out to the family.

Why was this scumbag out of prison? When will the "justice" system do it's job properly? A good man is dead because the system failed. Again.

·
Registered
707 Posts
tmoore912 said:
On Christmas eve no less.......
The anger I feel is only eclipsed by the sadness for his family.
Here's hoping we ALL have a safe Christmas.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
goldshellback said:
tmoore912 said:
On Christmas eve no less.......
The anger I feel is only eclipsed by the sadness for his family.
Here's hoping we ALL have a safe Christmas.
This.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
In oldguns 2nd post the link now has a video up of todays news conference.

Chief Don Cheek does a fine job.

The suspect was on parole for a felony burglary in June 2009 of the same store.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Prayers for the Lieutenant's family, friends and coworkers.....I wish somehow I had the words to convey how I feel everytime I read or hear about something like this.....

God Bless, and Rest in Peace.....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
SheriffOconee said:
Prayers for the Lieutenant's family, friends and coworkers.....I wish somehow I had the words to convey how I feel everytime I read or hear about something like this.....

AMEN!!!!

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,469 Posts
Even though it is Christmas Eve, it is a sad day here in SW Georgia. Lt. Rouse was a loved and respected family man.

There was another murder just last week. The Albany area is not safe. Will be in prayer for the Rouse family.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
SheriffOconee said:

I agree, sometimes words just seem to fall short. Prayers for his family and friends, and fellow officers. Completely senseless. All for a few bucks.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Indicted by a grand jury and District Attorney Greg Edwards in August 2009, court documents show he entered a negotiated guilty plea to the felony burglary count on Sept. 22, 2009, and was sentenced to serve five years probation, ordered to pay $510 in fines and given first-offender treatment.
But about a year later, Thomas was arrested for violating the terms of that probation and given a probation revocation hearing.
According to those court documents, Thomas stipulated he had failed to report to his probation officer as required, failed a June 1, 2010, drug test, was $456 in arrears on his $510 fine and had failed to take his court-ordered personality classes.
As a result, Chief Superior Court Judge Willie Lockette amended Thomas’ sentence to give him credit for time served at the Dougherty County Jail from May 28, 2010, until the hearing which was June 7, 2010, returned him to probation and added the stipulation that he be drug tested twice per month for 24 months, that he complete substance abuse counseling and that he complete personal responsibility classes.
Two months later......
He violated parole again link

but DCP Chief Don Cheek said at a press conference Friday that Thomas was out on probation when he is accused of shooting Rouse.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
My heart aches for his wife and children.

Hopefully, out politicians will wake up and ensure animals like the murderer go to prison and stay there until they complete their sentences. Until that happens, we'll continue to have more tragedies like this one. What a sad waste of a fine man's life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts