Dougherty County Renewal

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by FrontSight, May 18, 2006.

1. FrontSight

FrontSight Member

My license was originally issued in Worth County and expired on May 16, 2006. I have moved to Dougherty County approx. 2 years ago. I called the Dougherty Probate office 80 days before expiration and asked what I would need when I went to renew. The clerk advised me not to come before 14 days prior to expiration. I argued that the law said I could renew up to 90 days prior. She said that Judge Nancy Stephenson usually approves renewal within 2 weeks and that she didn't want anyone to have 2 valid licenses at once. So I went on May 4th, it's now May 18th and I called to ask about the renewal, I was told it was approved and ready for me to pick up on May 4th and they do not mail them anymore. SAME DAY SERVICE! Unreal!

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

More power to ya brother, the Leesburg court clerk told me that she was unaware of any law that they had to issue within 60 day and that I shouldn't expect to see my card for 90 days at least after applying....

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

If only we could get that written into law . . .