Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They used to be called, now they say motor vechicle enforcement or something, anyway, they were all over I20 inside the perimeter today. Saw two different ones , doors open using laser , new to me anyway. Do they have same powers as GSP?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
They are always on 575 getting the trash trucks for overweight. They mainly stop commercial trucks doing dot checks, but I have see them pull over cars when they were going crazy fast.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Just more to add when they do a complete roadside inspection. 5 cents a pound fine I'd not enough for weight.

·
69,784 Posts
https://dps.georgia.gov/motor-carrier-compliance-division-0

Another role for the Motor Carrier Compliance Division is the enforcement of High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes in the metropolitan Atlanta area. MCCD Officers patrol the highways, identifying and apprehending those who use the HOV lanes improperly.​

·
American
3,289 Posts
They are Peace Officers so the recent rulings about their authority being comprehensive, state-wide a better term, holds for them as well.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Didn't we have a ruling sometime in the recent past that said that Peace Officers do not have to be in their jurisdiction to exercise arrest/detention powers? The DOT enforcement office was initially set up to enforce ONLY commercial compliance with DOT regulations, then it was expanded to cover HOV lanes. The initial post said nothing about either Commercial or HOV but instead said generic speed enforcement on I20. However, if these agents of the DOT are sworn officers then they can enforce non-commercial traffic violations just like any other Peace Officer, or did I mis-remember something?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Didn't we have a ruling sometime in the recent past that said that Peace Officers do not have to be in their jurisdiction to exercise arrest/detention powers? The DOT enforcement office was initially set up to enforce ONLY commercial compliance with DOT regulations, then it was expanded to cover HOV lanes. The initial post said nothing about either Commercial or HOV but instead said generic speed enforcement on I20. However, if these agents of the DOT are sworn officers then they can enforce non-commercial traffic violations just like any other Peace Officer, or did I mis-remember something?
I don't remember when they started, but I remember these guys enforcing the HOV lane way back before the Olympics. So it's not a new thing.

Az

·
Registered
558 Posts
Any LE in GA can write you a ticket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts