Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/30/dont-tread-license-plates-growing-trend/

Fans of the Gadsden Flag may soon be able to display its familiar rattlesnake and "Don't Tread on Me" message every time they pull out of the driveway.

At least three states -- Virginia, Nevada and Texas -- are weighing or have already approved proposals to add "Don't Tread on Me" specialty license plates to their state rosters.
Might have to register my new truck in Texas this summer.

·
Just a Man
6,061 Posts
I like being known as a "Menace To Society" according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. I've been flying my Gadsden Flag on my truck for about 2 years now.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's interesting to see state governments offering them as license plates.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CoffeeMate said:
tmoore912 said:
I like being known as a "Menace To Society" according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Um, doesn't the State retain actual ownership of the physical plate? So wouldn't the State be the "possibly arguable potential menace"?
Perhaps as a "menace" to the federal government?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I like the ability to take mine of and on whenever I please. The Gadsden flag is definitely my favorite, and I don't think I'll ever stop owning one and flying it outside my home. I do take it off some days, depending how I feel or if I"m heading into downtown Atlanta.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
{TEX}Hawaii(( said:
It's interesting to see state governments offering them as license plates.
There seems to be an uptick in states bucking against the FED. This may be a symbolic gesture from them.

Wonder if Missouri will offer them? :lol:

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
double tap

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
failure drill.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
If and when they become available in Georgia, I'm all over it. Two times.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
EJR914 said:
I like the ability to take mine of and on whenever I please. The Gadsden flag is definitely my favorite, and I don't think I'll ever stop owning one and flying it outside my home. I do take it off some days, depending how I feel or if I"m heading into downtown Atlanta.
Do you live in roswell? Just curious? I've seen a house several times flying the flag and its not a flag you see very often so it sorta sticks out.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,516 Posts
It just seems like a big contradiction to get a Don't Tread On Me License Plate from a Government that does exactly that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts