Don't record Chicago police officers...

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Xiclotl, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

...it could get you 15 years.

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: Only a police state would ever make it a felony to record a LEO while he is arresting you. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

3. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

Its little thigs like this that make me glad I live down here and that I am a member of GCO.How can things be so different within such a relatively small area. It just makes you think about your current situation and thankful for like minded people as well.

4. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

When I was job hunting last time around, I was offered a job that involved relocating to Chicago. I turned it down solely on the basis that it was in Illinois. I would have also rejected any offers from NYC as well.

Some states are not worth living in.

5. 4HorseShoes

4HorseShoes New Member

Geese fly upside down over Chicago because its not worth :censored: on.

The most corrupt place in the USA. Oh wait didn't we have a president from there once or was that a nightmare?

6. spector

spector New Member

You mean Lincoln? :wink:

7. whateverjones

whateverjones New Member

Do the police there record traffic stops and further contact? If one was to make contact with a LEO there and you refused to be recorded,how would that go? hhmmm....Double standards?

8. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I completely agree with you. Some states are just not worth living in. Illinois is one of them. NY is another. :righton:

9. SYN ACK

SYN ACK New Member

I'm from Chicago and I remember as a little boy my dad's first warning was to stay away from cops and don't trust them. Especially at night.

10. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

Truer words were never spoken. And I believe they are very corrupt in Chitown. IMHO, the whole state of Illinois is run from Chicago and thus corrupted. I try to drive real carefully around that town.

11. spector

spector New Member

...Or make it a crime to sell "art" without a license.

12. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

It's getting so you need a passport just to go around the place.

13. suttree

suttree New Member

I met a retired Chicago LEO the other day at my favorite watering hole. Funny, one of the first things he said was, " I wouldn't want to be a cop today with all the cameras everywhere. I mean everybody's got a cell phone with a camera."
    :-k

14. mountainman444

I love going around Chicago.

It's going through there that I hate. Usually once a week. Sometimes twice with deliveries inside the city limits.

15. mountainman444

I understand what you are saying but in the same token, I don't like being on camera everywhere I go either. I never have liked someone looking over my shoulder while I tried to work.

You never know when you may need to pick your nose or scratch your butt.

16. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

I understand where he's coming from. I wouldn't like to have a camera over my shoulder at work either. For every little thing I do to be scrutinized would be very stressful. Instead, my boss looks at the big picture. If I do my job, I do it well, and I do it on time, whether I spend a few minutes on GPDO every day is something he doesn't care about it.

The only thing is that, since the ramifications of a LEO making a mistake is that someone loses their freedom, they need to be held to a higher standard. LEO need to know that going into that line of work.