Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...it could get you 15 years.

Sixty-year-old Chicago artist Christopher Drew is currently facing an eavesdropping charge because he recorded his arrest for "selling art without a permit." Eavesdroppingâ€"that is, recording conversations, either public or private, without universal consentâ€"is a felony in Illinois, and Drew could face 15 years in prison.

So could Tiawanda Moore, a 20-year-old former stripper who recorded a conversation she had with two Internal Affairs officers about a third police officer whom she was accusing of harassment.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: Only a police state would ever make it a felony to record a LEO while he is arresting you. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Its little thigs like this that make me glad I live down here and that I am a member of GCO.How can things be so different within such a relatively small area. It just makes you think about your current situation and thankful for like minded people as well.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
EJR914 said:
:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: Only a police state would ever make it a felony to record a LEO while he is arresting you. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
When I was job hunting last time around, I was offered a job that involved relocating to Chicago. I turned it down solely on the basis that it was in Illinois. I would have also rejected any offers from NYC as well.

Some states are not worth living in.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Geese fly upside down over Chicago because its not worth :censored: on.

The most corrupt place in the USA. Oh wait didn't we have a president from there once or was that a nightmare?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
4HorseShoes said:
Geese fly upside down over Chicago because its not worth :censored: on.

The most corrupt place in the USA. Oh wait didn't we have a president from there once or was that a nightmare?
You mean Lincoln? :wink:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do the police there record traffic stops and further contact? If one was to make contact with a LEO there and you refused to be recorded,how would that go? hhmmm....Double standards?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
ookoshi said:
EJR914 said:
When I was job hunting last time around, I was offered a job that involved relocating to Chicago. I turned it down solely on the basis that it was in Illinois. I would have also rejected any offers from NYC as well.

Some states are not worth living in.
I completely agree with you. Some states are just not worth living in. Illinois is one of them. NY is another. :righton:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
EJR914 said:
Truer words were never spoken. And I believe they are very corrupt in Chitown. IMHO, the whole state of Illinois is run from Chicago and thus corrupted. I try to drive real carefully around that town.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I met a retired Chicago LEO the other day at my favorite watering hole. Funny, one of the first things he said was, " I wouldn't want to be a cop today with all the cameras everywhere. I mean everybody's got a cell phone with a camera."
:-k

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
It's getting so you need a passport just to go around the place.
I love going around Chicago.

It's going through there that I hate. Usually once a week. Sometimes twice with deliveries inside the city limits.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
suttree said:
I met a retired Chicago LEO the other day at my favorite watering hole. Funny, one of the first things he said was, " I wouldn't want to be a cop today with all the cameras everywhere. I mean everybody's got a cell phone with a camera."
I understand what you are saying but in the same token, I don't like being on camera everywhere I go either. I never have liked someone looking over my shoulder while I tried to work.

You never know when you may need to pick your nose or scratch your butt.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
suttree said:
I understand where he's coming from. I wouldn't like to have a camera over my shoulder at work either. For every little thing I do to be scrutinized would be very stressful. Instead, my boss looks at the big picture. If I do my job, I do it well, and I do it on time, whether I spend a few minutes on GPDO every day is something he doesn't care about it.

The only thing is that, since the ramifications of a LEO making a mistake is that someone loses their freedom, they need to be held to a higher standard. LEO need to know that going into that line of work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts