·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
That article needs help....
MONTROSE, Ga. — A former Wilkinson County deputy faces up to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to having unregistered guns Monday.
Based on what was provided in the article, it may have been an unregistered NFA item but they didn’t really say.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Still a good reminder to be careful what you say and post about things that are perceived as illegal or even questionable.
The eyes and ears are here with us everyday. Don't forget the Postman.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Nothing on the Internet is ever private.

·
68,665 Posts
These should not be laws in the first place. This is no different in my eyes than Congress passing a ban on AR15s, Biden signing it, and one of you (or me) getting caught with an AR15 and facing federal prison.

So maybe the guy wasn't smart. I get it, but these are unjust laws, and nobody should be prosecuted for violating them, much less be facing a decade in prison for each violation.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Should the AR15 ever be banned outright maybe we'll all end up in the same federal prison.

Reactions: AtlPhilip

·
Registered
163 Posts
Totally different song, but I think these guys' take is better ...

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Both good, but AC/DC will get your head in the right place. Excellent compliment to good bourbon and other.
My favorite below.

·
Registered
14,154 Posts
The release says they found 11 illegal firearms after searching the home and car, including a machine gun and an unregistered short barrel shotgun.
I'll give them the "machine gun" for now. But was the "unregistered short barrel shotgun" really such or one of those Mossberg or Remington 14" barreled "firearms?" What made the other 9 firearms illegal? What were they? Did he make them himself for his own use which is still legal. Or did he make them to sell to prohibited persons?

As 45_Fan said, "That article needs help.... " (y)

Reactions: TimBob

·
68,665 Posts
Well, there is no more information in the press release, and the charge was only for the one machine gun, so the reporter would really have to work to get more information.

·
Registered
14,154 Posts
Well, there is no more information in the press release, and the charge was only for the one machine gun, so the reporter would really have to work to get more information.
Or just make it up which is today's default mode.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
These should not be laws in the first place. This is no different in my eyes than Congress passing a ban on AR15s, Biden signing it, and one of you (or me) getting caught with an AR15 and facing federal prison.

So maybe the guy wasn't smart. I get it, but these are unjust laws, and nobody should be prosecuted for violating them, much less be facing a decade in prison for each violation.
If i were on his jury I would nullify the charge.

Reactions: AtlPhilip

·
Proud GCO member.
7,957 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts