Don't order from Optics Planet.

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by TITAN308, Aug 15, 2016.

1. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

Now this may be sort of a "well duh" thing for some of you, but for others, take it as a warning.

Ordered some reloading equipment and supplies 2 weeks ago. These are very common and should I have done the smart thing and used Midway like I usually do I would have had them within 4 days after ordering them.

The order from OP still hasn't shipped from their distributor.

2. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Never had a problem with them, but I do check the stock availability. They will sell stuff they can't get for weeks.

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Have never had a problem with them on anything. Sorry you are in this case.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Sorry that you had an issue with them. I have ordered from the several times with no issue.

Will they let you cancel your order?

5. TITAN308

A request has been put in to identify what the problem is, if it goes unanswered it will be canceled tomorrow.

They don't really get a choice of "letting" me do anything since it was paid for by a card. :lol:

6. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Don't they have something like 48 hours after charging a card to ship the order. I heard that once, but it was not on the Internet so it could be wrong.

7. TITAN308

Yes and that is fine.

In this case, as stated, its been 2 weeks since the order was placed.

8. Casual User

Casual User Member

I've never done business with them, but another outfit I use besides Midway is MidSouth Shooters supply in Tenn. If I get the order in early enough, they will ship that day, and I'll get it the next day here in Metro Atlanta area.. They ship Fed Ex, ground, and a couple of times I've ordered on a Friday, and gotten stuff delivered by Fed Ex ground on saturday.

9. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

I've used Optics Planet twice, most recently was about 4 years ago.
    THey were good, and the stuff arrived quickly and as described.

I can see why you'd be dissatisfied with your order not being shipped yet, 2+ weeks later.

I've had other online companies advertise items that they did not say were out of stock or backordered, and AFTER I placed the order, then I got a notice about a backorder. But not Optics Planet. Not yet, anyway.

10. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I have done many thousands of dollars in business over many years with Optics Planet. There are ship dates posted when you check out. If an item is back ordered they also post this as well. Perhaps reading the order confirmation before confirming the order and paying would have helped a little. If it is an item I am willing to wait for then I finalize the payment. If I need or want it sooner I shop elsewhere. Check your card statement. Unless it is a special order item they usually don't charge your card until the order ships.

On a side note I have never been disappointed by Optics Planet.

11. HCountyGuy

HCountyGuy Well-Known Member

Sorry you're having an issue, I hope they can sort it out. I've ordered from them in the past and never had an issue.

12. Wheedle

Wheedle Active Member

Their website pisses me off enough that I won't order from them anyway...

13. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Same here and their prices are competitive. This sort of stuff happens to everybody on occasion. I just re-ordered some "super secret LE only" ammo from the vendor who showed it in stock and sent an order confirmation. But I didn't get a shipping notice after a few days. Went back to the website and see an OOS notice on the product page with a 1 week redelivery. Never got informed of the OOS. I can wait.

14. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

I too am sorry you're having a hiccup on your order, but have used them many times without issue and their pricing continues to be more than competitive.

15. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I ordered something that showed was in stock only to have them tell me 2 days later that it wasn't. I checked their website after they told me it was out of stock/no back orders and it was still listed as in stock.

16. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

I've ordered from them many times with no problem. I have also run into this where the item shows in stock, even as they send an OOS notice a couple of days after I've placed an order. Depending on the items, I've either called to cancel or I'll just leave it on order if it something I could wait on. There site is not always accurate on what's in stock.

17. TITAN308

Well after 18 days it shipped.

For the record, all items were in-stock when ordered and the delivery time was the standard fedex ground quote from west coat to east coat. I had simply forgotten about the order till I made the original post at which time I emailed them asking wtf the problem was.

Needless to say, they didn't really have an explanation beyond "slipped through the cracks".

I've personally had issues in the past with OP, but it had been a while so I gave them another shot because as you said "priced competitively".

I admit my agitation level was higher than usual because I have a nice shiney box of 300 Blackout bullets of the 245gr kind coming in this week and I am eager to get my 300 station up and running when they do. :lol: