Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are as important as your rifle. This also applies to other weapons.

Nemo

Reactions: Jonathan Freeman

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Gotta get a magazine cleaning brush! I once saw an interview with Shane Cooley of Team Glock. He has a disassembly tool and cleaning brush in his competition range backpack.

· Registered
1,522 Posts
I thought this was normal maintenance.
I mean, I've not actually removed the bottom plate and cleaned any of my magazines. I'm a little nervous that I would put it back together wrong. However, I do understand that it is best practice and something I should eventually do.

I had one magazine get a little iffy on feeding and when it caused me a problem at my first outdoor GSSF match, the RO suggested I visit the onsite armorer who then proceeded to swap it out with a new Gen 5 magazine free of charge. So I guess that is one maintenance strategy for us Glock users is to shoot GSSF and take advantage of the free service they offer.

· Registered
16,211 Posts
I mean, I've not actually removed the bottom plate and cleaned any of my magazines. I'm a little nervous that I would put it back together wrong. However, I do understand that it is best practice and something I should eventually do.
The alternative is to have a crap ton of additional mags. No, wait. You should have a crap ton of additional mags anyway! (y):love:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts