Don't mess with us Kentucky Hillbillys...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Macktee, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

A guy attempts a home invasion in Rineyville, Ky. (That's near Elizabethtown which is about 40 or 50 miles South of Louisville, in case anyone cares...)

Lady of the house thinks that's downright rude of him and shoots his ass, or something.

Idiot guy is in critical condition.

Yep! There is a lesson to be learned here. It jes' don't pay none ta mess wit Kentucky wimmin! Nosir! It jest don't pay none attall, it don't...

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20101201/NEWS01/312010066/1008/Rineyville+man+shot+during+home+invasion

You've got to love Kentucky. The home of wonderful bourbon, beautiful horses and fast women... with guns!

[​IMG]

2. suttree

suttree New Member

I used to go rock climbing in the Daniel Boone National Forest, about an hour east of Lexington. Beatiful country but you definetly didn't stray off the beaten path. Don't mess with Bubba or Granny!

3. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Unless you have a lot in common with Bubba or Granny. Then, they'll ask you to come on in and sit a spell. Hillbillies and Rednecks are endearing terms, IMHO. :righton:

A high school friend of mine ended up in Whitesburg, KY after graduating Tulane in speech pathology. I went to visit him on two different occasions and made so many good friends that I felt like we were family. Never ever in any other place have I met some many people with so little that were willing to give you anything they had. Whitesburg remains as one of my favorite places in the US.

4. suttree

suttree New Member

They definitely take care of their own. Different forms of recreation have taken me all over Appalachia. It has been my experience that some folks like the people from the city and some don't. The ones that do make you feel very welcome. I actually would love to live somewhere up that way someday. Its just convincing the wife that its beautiful, not the boonies.

5. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

My brother went to school in KY after he was offered a full banjo scholarship.

6. pml

pml Active Member

:lol: Can't believe i never heard that one before