Don't Do Stupid Stuff

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Nemo, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

if you carry. This is stupid stuff.

Nemo

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-walmart-shopper-gun-coronavirus-masks

Jonathan Freeman likes this.
  2. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Just don't do stupid stuff, whether you carry or not.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

two comments:

1- Another "Florida man arrested for..." story.

2-- Failure to do stupid stuff, and therefore failure to suffer the negative consequences of your stupid decisions,
    is now called "White Privilege."
    W.P. is a bad thing and must be eliminated in our society.
    Therefore, it is imperative that we all do our part and share in stupid self-destructive behavior. Spread it around freely.

4. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

This happened in Palm Beach County which just implemented a mandatory mask policy for pretty much the whole county the day before. Maybe the gun guy wasn't aware of the order. Maybe the dad guy was being too pushy. Where threats spoken? Who knows what happened. Regardless, something set off the gun guy enough to draw his gun. Was he justified? There's not enough information to say. Personally, I think he made a bad decision presenting his gun.

5. moe mensale

I think we're going to see more of this type of interaction as these governors and mayors start dictating what they deem is the correct response to the coronavirus pandemic. I think it's all very stupid and dangerous. The people are drawing lines for or against these responses. It's kind of stupid when City A requires a bunch of executive mandates while City B does nothing. Is this virus sentient and able to determine where city boundaries are?

If these petty tyrants want to control their people let them issue their mandates. Let the cops enforce them. Let the people choose to follow them or not. The real problems are going to happen when the people start trying to be the enforcers. Whether I'm wearing a mask or not, leave me alone and I'll leave you alone.

6. moe mensale

We should have started a "Florida Man" forum years ago. It would have hundreds of threads by now. :lol:

7. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Well hopefully Gov. Kemp's latest executive order specifying that local governments are prohibited from enforcing mask wearing via fines will nip this in the bud.

Probably not totally though. Stores who have this policy will still have non-mask wearers being accosted by the sheep, unless the stores don't let in the non-sheep.

awanatech likes this.
  8. moe mensale

Mr. Gunslinger turned himself in. He's claiming the dad "got in his face" over not wearing a mask, he felt threatened and he pulled his gun. He told the dad, "I'll kill you." #-o Supposedly there's a video but I've not seen it so it's hard to vet his story. He'll be seeing the judge today.

A lot of "problems" in this world could be avoided, by both sides, by just minding your own business and walking away.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/man-who-pulled-gun-on-father-daughter-at-walmart-arrested

9. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

AMEN !!!