Don't call them convicts! They're "people who were incarcerated"

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Verbal101, May 5, 2016.

1. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

What term do leftists and the media use to refer to you?

Brain dead hick? Redneck? Clinger? Tea bagger? A hateful bigot?

That's all fine and good; those of you who work hard, pay your taxes, take care of your families, abide by the law and happen to disagree with leftists can be stigmatized and marginalized until the cows come home.

But we should stop referring to felons and convicts as felons and convicts.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/05/doj-to-nix-felon-convict-terms-deemed-stigmatizing.html?intcmp=hpbt3

2. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

These folks should be referred to as "freedom challenged."

3. jlcnuke

jlcnuke New Member

When someone says "convict" you picture someone convicted of rape, murder, assault, etc. The fact is, in 2012, less than 50% of felony incarcerations were for violent crimes (and if you've ever looked it up you should know that there is about a 0.001% chance that any given person could NOT be convicted of some type of felony crime in the US and join that convict club).

This guy kinda is making the DoJ's point for them when he effectively says all felons have committed violent crimes, after insinuating that the action which resulted in their conviction/incarceration is who they are and should prevent people from hiring them, renting to them, etc and that they cannot be trusted.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  4. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

I like "differently mobile."

5. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

So we should lock up fewer people, only the people that truly need it so that we may continue to call them felons and convicts...

6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

If Assistant Attorney General Karol Mason truly wanted to be kind to them, she'd advocate for restoring 2nd Amendment Rights to non-violent felons as soon as they are released from prison.

This is just fluff over substance. Typical pablum from leftists.

7. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

How about calling them law abidingly challenged.

Nemo

8. jlcnuke

jlcnuke New Member

Not sure where you got that from my post....

If you want my opinion on the justice system punishments and follow on though, ask and I can give a few paragraphs on the subject.

9. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

And inmates are just "individuals on a vacation in a prison cell." Give me a break...

If they don't want to be called convicts then maybe they should try a little harder not to be convicted of a crime.

10. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

11. seereus

seereus Active Member

I know of a ex-con that was recently paroled. I believe he contacted Georgia Work Force for guidance on obtaining employment.
    When he met with his guidance counselor or what ever they are called she recommended that he put on his applications that his last employer was the State of Georgia.......... being he was a trustee and performed work for the state.:rotfl2: