Don't bring a club to a sword fight

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Xiclotl, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/local/Sa ... njures-man

:cantsay:

2. samman23

samman23 New Member

it sounds like the swordsman went easy on the guy.

3. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

I'm sure Terre Haute has a lot of great swordsmen. They used to work for the collections department at Columbia House records.

4. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

If this person was trained in the use of a samurai sword, I'd say this guy was lucky to only have three fingers lopped off.

A well trained samurai can easily disembowel or lop off a limb with a samurai sword.

I wonder if after the fingers were lopped off, if the samurai said something like this?

:shock: :sly:

5. a-squared

a-squared New Member

There can be only one...

6. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

The guy with the club probably just blocked the sword and then had the blade slide down and catch this fingers. Classic. That's why my martial art style taught us to hold short & long staffs with a grip that does not expose the fingers. Getting rapped on the knuckles by a wooden staff or sword is painfull enough.

7. Metalheadisme

Metalheadisme New Member

Don't completely discount blunt weapons. Musashi's only supposed defeat was to a jo wielder. :p

That being said, it sounds like this guy is lucky to have only lost a few fingers. Fortunately, good katanas cut like scalpels, so they shouldn't have much trouble reattaching them.

8. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

And his greatest duel was won with a wooden sword fashioned out of a boat oar.

The "samurai" in the article was definitely no Musashi, otherwise the guy wielding the club would have needed the doctors to reattach his head. :roll:

9. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

"Jo wielder"? I thought it was a ninja with a paper fan. :lol: