Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/local/Sa ... njures-man

According to the Terre Haute Police, a man was inside his home when he became upset that headlights from a car on the street were shining into his bedroom. That's when police say he got into a fight with the man in the car. The man from the house eventually picked up a wooden club and then investigators say that's when the man from the car pulled out a samurai sword...the man with the sword sliced off three fingers from the man with the club.
:cantsay:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
samman23 said:
it sounds like the swordsman went easy on the guy.
I'm sure Terre Haute has a lot of great swordsmen. They used to work for the collections department at Columbia House records.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
If this person was trained in the use of a samurai sword, I'd say this guy was lucky to only have three fingers lopped off.

A well trained samurai can easily disembowel or lop off a limb with a samurai sword.

I wonder if after the fingers were lopped off, if the samurai said something like this?

The Bride: [in Japanese] Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the limbs you've lost. They belong to me now.
:shock: :sly:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy with the club probably just blocked the sword and then had the blade slide down and catch this fingers. Classic. That's why my martial art style taught us to hold short & long staffs with a grip that does not expose the fingers. Getting rapped on the knuckles by a wooden staff or sword is painfull enough.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Don't completely discount blunt weapons. Musashi's only supposed defeat was to a jo wielder. :p

That being said, it sounds like this guy is lucky to have only lost a few fingers. Fortunately, good katanas cut like scalpels, so they shouldn't have much trouble reattaching them.

·
يفخر الكافر
3,938 Posts
Metalheadisme said:
Musashi's only supposed defeat was to a jo wielder. :p
And his greatest duel was won with a wooden sword fashioned out of a boat oar.

The "samurai" in the article was definitely no Musashi, otherwise the guy wielding the club would have needed the doctors to reattach his head. :roll:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kineticmind said:
Metalheadisme said:
Musashi's only supposed defeat was to a jo wielder. :p
And his greatest duel was won with a wooden sword fashioned out of a boat oar.

The "samurai" in the article was definitely no Musashi, otherwise the guy wielding the club would have needed the doctors to reattach his head. :roll:
"Jo wielder"? I thought it was a ninja with a paper fan. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts