Don't be shocked when crazies show up with guns

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Dec 18, 2010.

1. smn

smn Active Member

2. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

Weapons, illegally in the hands of those who have proven they are no longer worthy of possessing weapons, are a problem.

3. 45Alive

45Alive Member

Wow, Bonnie Erbe really showed her true colors in that piece.
    She successfully took a story about a criminal with a history of mental issues and turned
    it into an anti-Christian rant.

4. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

I never heard a report that he was wounded. I guess the devil told her that.

5. Mr_Z

Mr_Z Member

I believe he had some chest pains or something? Reaction to the stress perhaps?

I'm not really sure what to make of the story. As a non-religious (did anyone know you could be right-leaning, conservative and NOT religious?) person, I don't think god saved them. I think the SO did. But if you want to say "god saved me" then you do have to wonder why did god put you in danger? hmmm.

6. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

From the article:

It floors me that people actually think there's hope of eradicating evil in all by understanding it. Evil is a necessity in human existence; the best we can hope for is the ability to defend ourselves against it if ever confronted by it.

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Funny, no mention that this guy was a fan of left-wing liberal organizations. I bet if he had gone to Tea Party rallies or was a fan of right-wing conservative groups, that would be all over the air waves!

Also, notice that this man was already banned from being around firearms by federal law, so as we see, LAWS MEAN NOTHING TO CRIMINALS! How many laws did he break by bringing the gun in there, being a banned person, and also carry into that location, then committing aggravated assault on multiple people, and committing attempted murder as well?

People are idiots that think that more laws will somehow protect them from the criminally insane, or just the criminal.

Well, that was pretty useless.

Then there’s this inconvenient truth about the attacker:

The guy was a “prohibited person,†forbidden by law to have a gun. I guess that law didn’t work, either…[/quote:l3tb3p0o]

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-n ... ple-counts

The only thing that can protect people from armed criminals, is that they not be disarmed by laws from carrying in certain "sensitive" locations, where a criminal is sure that most people will be unarmed, unless you're one of the ones lucky enough to be considered "trusted enough" with a firearm such as security guard or police officer.

See Luby's Diner or Columbine if you need any reference for this. Here is the link at youtube for Luby's Diner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTainp2cY_w

8. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Did he have a history of "illegal gun ownership?"

Also how many folks with Bipolar Disorder would be incarcerated by her standards?

9. rainmaker

rainmaker New Member

It is my understanding that he was a convicted felon, but that the weapon was legally purchased before his felony conviction (weapon legally purchased, but owned illegally due to previous felony conviction).

10. moga

moga New Member

+1000

The local populace will be proud of her too. Dedham puts the "L" in lefty-liberal. Even by moon-bat Massachusetts standards, they are a stand-out. The only place more loony is Cambridge.

11. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I believe his former attorney mentioned in an article that of course, he was supposed to turn it in, after conviction, but never did. The laws banning felons from having guns do not work. If a criminal wants to use one of his old guns he bought before conviction, or buy a gun from a person, or just off the black market, they can do this very easily. Criminals will always be able to get firearms. Simply making a law that bans them from having them doesn't really do a thing. It just means you cannot buy from a store where they will do a criminal background check. It really does nothing to stop a felon with a gun from committing crimes.

12. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

Jane, you ignorant slut.

13. 45Alive

45Alive Member

some great comments from the link:

14. MesaCranker

MesaCranker Active Member

A .22 punctured a tire enough to cause catastrophic failure??? :shock:

15. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

That pretty much sums it up.