Doing nothing can get you shot

Discussion in 'In the News' started by mzmtg, Mar 29, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs ... 089/LIFE02

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

My God. If that article is right, the officer should be brought up on murder charges. The man was executed.

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Wow, do cops not realize that people can be incapciated for a long time after being tased?

I could be trying to comply but I can't move after the first taser charge.....and then they tase me again.......trying to comply.......can't move.......Boom!Boom!Boom!.....I'm dead.

4. pro2am

pro2am New Member

After taze #1 or #2 why not just jump on the guy and cuff him? For an operation like that you just know that there was at least a half dozen cops RIGHT THERE.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

THis is a good policy to have, but I suppose policies do not mean much if they are not followed or enforced.

7. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

I have to hope that something else was going on here, but man if there are uninvolved witnesses (contradiction in terms?) about all that leaves is for the reporter to be writting BS. Sounds like somone should be owning that PD and some officers should be sucking a few 100,000 volts themselves.

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Did the police not identify themselves?

If you see a group of armed men coming at you and they are in street clothes and they don't ID themselves, what the hell would you do?

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Get off the X and Mozambique.

10. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Are their weapons drawn & pointed?
    Do they have body armor on?
    Are there more of them than rounds in my most readily available weapon?
    Am I guilty of anything that might warrent LEO response of this nature?
    What kind of cover do I have or can get to & how quickly & can I then get the hell out of dodge while staying out of their LOF?
    And most importantly...

...do I have access to any hand grenades?

11. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Holy Crap!!!

I've known lots of cops and ex-cops and, (how do I say this politely?) some of them are wound a little too tightly. But I've never known one who has done anything like this. I know a couple who were shot in the line of duty and one good friend was killed, but I never knew any cops who were this out of control.

That guy was, as Pro2Am stated, executed. The cop who did it should be behind bars for a long, loooooooong time!

That was murder. There's just no other term that fits.

12. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I agree with Macktee... MURDER!!! Lock em up. They get paid and trainned to be able to handle a high stress situtation. Not to be trigger happy!!! They are human too. When they cross the line they should pay just like anyone else. I'm sure he feels horrible and has to live with it for the rest of his life. But he should have to pay, it sounds like murder from this report.

13. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

Wound a little too tight is an understatement. We must all remember; it's only murder if we do this to someone. Only great public outcry can turn these f :censored: s into murderers. What is sad, is that no matter the potential charges/trials/convictions of these cops, this man is still dead.

The righteous man is beset at all times and on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. And many times, stupid, scared men.

14. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

They'll just say the guy was suffering from "Excited Delirium" That's why they had to triple tap him.

I think the taser training protocol should be modified such that all officers should be tased repeatedly, say 4 or 5 times, while someone is yelling at them to comply with orders to put their hands up, etc...

Then they would know that when all your muscles are violently contracted all at once that it uses up all the energy that the muscle cells have stored within them and builds up toxic byproducts that together make it very difficult to comply with any task requiring coordinated physical movement.

If this story is true the thugs involved should be tried, convicted, and sent to prison.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Make them start with their hands in their pockets.

16. mmmTang

mmmTang Member

Yet another great reason for the war on drugs! It sounds like the guy was helping the ex-wife of the homeowner, who was in custody for drugs (and weapons, but the real reason was drugs). So the police had reason to be suspicious and careful, and maybe there is more to this story. My initial reaction to this is that guy got murdered. Plain and simple murder. I hope for the officers' sake there is more to this story and all the eyewitnesses are lying.

Yeah, we're making great progress in the war on drugs. People can't do drugs if they're dead!