Does this count as another "Teenage Shooting"?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cavediver, May 15, 2007.

1. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

It would be a Darwin nomination.

He could get more selling the live rounds than for scrap, the youth of today.

2. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

There were three guys that were trying to extract the bullets (with sledgehammers) from some left over .50 cal API rounds at Camp Del Mar way back when I was there in 92. It ended badly for them as well. They got burned and caught fragments. After they got out of the hospital the CO burned them again, i.e. "congratulations lance corporal you're now a private, don't pass go for 6 weeks and don't collect any pay for a while. API is armor piercing incendiary by the way, they explode on impact sending really hot sparkles of zirconium or some such compound.

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

You can bet antis will put it into a statistic category that will appear negative.

4. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

I can see it now!!!!!!!

We need bullet registration so we can put whoever owned those horrible bullets on trial for unsafe bullet storage. Oh my, what about the children?
    By the way, based on the Darwin rules he might get an honorable mention, I have all three volumes.
    :woohoo:

5. Macktee

Macktee New Member

That's a lot of work for a few of dollars. Obviously the kid isn't all that smart or he would have sold the cartridges, he probably stole, and made at least ten times as much.

speaking of movie quotes:

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life Son..."

OK, who said it?

6. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

A bunch us were role playing as aggressors out in Combat Town at Lejeune, back in 2000. Went up in the rafters and found about 300 rounds of 7.62 blank ammo in belts. Spent the day cooking them off with a butane lighter to keep the grunts busy. It's no fun playing aggressor without weapons, but a bunch of bored marines with gunpowder and a little initiative can make for a fun day. Like they say "Nothing more dangerous, or more creative than a bored Marine."

That and the ever classic MRE bombs... we had those things down to a science. Made one that rattled the floor boards of the Staff NCO Hooch, we payed for that one... at 0300.

7. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Not certain...but sounds like an "Animal House" line to me!

8. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

The Dean from Animal House, name???

9. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

DEAN WERMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

I believe the correct answer would be "Who is Dean Wermer".

To much TV with the wifely unit.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

And he is still stealing my precious precious oxygen huh? Well that's just a damn shame.

12. Dan H

Dan H New Member

This sounds like me when I was a kid. My grandfather is a huge gun freak and used to build his own guns and reload his own rounds. So Im like 7 years old and didnt know any better and am in his garage, I place a bullet on the pavement standing up and start wacking it with a hammer on the lead. My Grandfather ripped the hammer out of my hand and about wacked me with it. I must have been bored....

13. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Dan H,

Leason learned!!!