Does shooting a Bersa .380 generally take skin?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by bigdixie, Oct 17, 2007.

1. bigdixie

bigdixie New Member

At the tail end of my range time after just buying my Bersa this past sat. I noticed a little skin peeling behind my thumb. I also test shot a Walther and Sig .380 right before but I didn't notice anything until I shot the Bersa. Im hoping it was the one of the other two and not the Bersa but if so Ill get used it. Just wanted to know if anyone else with a Bersa Thunder .380 went through this at first.

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

My wife took my Bersa when she got her GFL and niether of us have had any problem with the slide cutting us. My guess would be the Walther...

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I tend to get slide bite from most Walthers.

4. Dadx4

Dadx4 Member

I have been shooting my Bersa .380 for over 3 years with no problem at all, but have also shot a friend's Walther PPK three times and got a slide bite every single time.

Those Walthers are nasty :shock: especially if you have large hands or grab them too high up on the grip!!!

5. bigdixie

bigdixie New Member

yeah thats what everyone has been telling me about the Walther. I couldn't imagine paying that much for one and it biting me everytime. Oh well...

6. dark_cowboy29

dark_cowboy29 New Member

no problems with my bersa

7. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

no biting from my p232, a bit picky about hp ammo tho but i think that follows most .380s

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Goes without saying, I love mine. I've never had it bite. Maybe you're holding it wrong... Point the "bang" end away from you :-D

9. bigdixie

bigdixie New Member

yeah I held another walther 380 and sure enough as soon as I gripped it that sore started hurting. So it was definitely the walther that did it. So bulloch...how were the statesboro boys doing today?