Does Georgia Aquarium have metal detectors?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by EJR914, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Does anybody know if they have metal detectors at the Georgia Aquarium?

http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/plan-you ... /faqs.aspx

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

The last time that I went (a few years ago) everyone had to go through metal dectors.

PS: No fishing is allowed either.

3. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

Thank you for making my day, made me snicker out loud, here when I was supposed to be taking notes in class.

4. EJR914

I searched "Georgia Aquarium" and got nothing. :? :? :?

5. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

I was messing with you.....search is down right now. I just did a manual search.

6. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I've only been once, and it was at a time when they had metal detectors (if the linked thread is the one I think it is, you'll see that the Aquarium either can't make up its mind about having metal detectors or can't afford them at all times). I think they are always kept outside, so you could always have your non-carrying friends go check and give you a call while you park.

7. EJR914

Thank you for the replies every one. They helped me chose to not carry yesterday, because I didn't want any hassle with my wife's family, and also, I didn't want to have to leave my firearm in a locked glove box in downtown Atlanta. I just never risk it.

Anyway, there were no metal detectors there this time, they did ask to search all bags that went into the Aquarium.

I even made a joke that "I carry my firearm in the baby's diaper bag." He actually laughed as he was searching the bag. I told him that it was great seeing Nazi Germany still alive and well. He laughed again.

I could have carried, but of course, I had no way of knowing there would be no metal detectors.

Also, to echo what others have said, my wife's father boss was asked to turn around due to having a firearm on him. He put it in his car and came back, and they let him in. So it does happen, but this time, I would have made it through and be ok.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the weekends? Maybe during the week they don't have detectors?

As said before, its like they can't make up their mind or afford metal detectors all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.