Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have five acres, A1 zoning (next to other A1 and one R1), but I have over 50 yds. from the main road, does anyone know if any other laws other than common sense that would keep me from shooting? I thought about putting in a perm with crossties, etc. There are neighbors of course, and they are beside and behind, but the backstop is solid. Granted people will complain anyway. Thanks.

I know you are (probably) not a lawyer and you are not giving me legal advice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am definitely not a lawyer, nor have I looked at the laws or zoning for your county. Typically, if you are out in the county and outside of any city or town limits, there is nothing preventing you from shooting. Have you heard anyone else shooting in the area? If you do proceed, might want to shoot suppressed only. If I was the neighbor behind, I certainly wouldn't be happy with rounds coming my way regardless of the backstop. All it takes is one errant round...

Another point for shooting suppressed--even if there is nothing preventing you from shooting, the neighbors still might call in a noise complaint.

Again, this is generalized and I would highly recommend you consult with someone who can definitively tell you laws applicable to your specific situation. As distasteful as lawyers are, if you're going to invest in moving earth and putting in crossties, might want to pay a lawyer $100-$200 first to tell you what laws exactly apply. Better to be armed with that info if the sheriff shows up, or know that you can't legally shoot before doing the labor.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Might want to check out this post here......and ask the OP what he found out. If his real estate deal went through he is located in Bartow as well.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.