Do you want to make a difference?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by GoDores, Feb 8, 2017.

1. GoDores

GoDores Like a Boss

The start of the political season for the GOP is this week. If you live in a county with >80,000 population*, your mass meetings are this Saturday (2/11).

What happens at these meetings? Each precinct elects delegates to county and (Congressional) district conventions, which are held in March and April respectively. These delegates in turn vote on party leadership and select delegates for the state convention in June, where state leadership and party resolutions are voted on. If you show up, you can run for those delegate (and alternate) slots.

There's no cost and the only requirement is that you be a registered voter in the county whose mass meeting you're attending. If you want to get involved, this is the first step in just about every way. You'll likely meet your local and state elected officials as well as lots of other people who volunteer on issues and campaigns of all kinds. This is the "grassroots". Sometimes it can be boring and administrative. But the people who show up for the boring administrative stuff are the ones the legislators remember and listen to when it's time for the exciting policy stuff.

If you happen to live in DeKalb County, the meeting is at Lakeside High School and you must be there prior to 10AM on Saturday 2/11 (we actually lock the doors, per state rule). You can preregister at http://dekalbgop.org/2017-precinct-caucus-registration/ or just show up the morning of. If you live in another >80k county and can't find the information for your county, PM me or post on this thread and I'll find it for you.

If you live in a <80k population county, your mass meetings are probably combined with your county convention on March 18th. Again, if you can't find your info, post or PM and I'll look it up.

I would assume that Democrats have a similar party structure. If there are any pro-gun Dems here who want to be involved in the grassroots of their party, I'll look up that information too.

*-Due to a rule change, Cherokee and Gwinnett counties had their mass meetings a week early, last Saturday, and I forgot to post about them in time.

2. Billennium

Billennium Custom User Title

[​IMG]

Join us Saturday March 25th for the 2017 Libertarian Party of Georgia Convention. Keynote speakers and break out session speakers TBA. Updates will be posted as soon as the news of the latest confirmations are vetted for truth and accuracy, unlike the MSM. Keep an eye out for email updates and updates right here on […]

3. GoDores

GoDores Like a Boss

:righton:

Here's the link for that one:
    http://www.lpgeorgia.com/featured/2017-libertarian-party-of-georgia-convention/

On the "making a difference" note, the Libertarians do a great job of ideology, but aren't so good at running good campaigns for electable candidates in winnable races. I might humbly suggest that attendees of this convention focus on planning for the latter if they want to start making a difference.