Do you carry a 178 rounds of ammo on you?

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Adam5, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

2. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Well, darn. And the Superman cape I bought wouldn't let me fly either. The quality of clothing has gone way down lately.... What's up with that?

I agree. They do look interesting. They could even work. Somebody buy a pair and let us know how they do.

3. RIA45

RIA45 New Member

In the last video there doesn't appear to be any backstop behind the wall he is shooting into. I'm not ok with that.

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I can just imagine the "gun toting wacko" comments if you got patted down by a LEO (178 rounds would probably be jsutification for them to call in about 10 backup units) or a prosecuter grilling you on the stand after a self-defense shooting. I'll stick with my should rig and the total of 21 rounds it carries.

5. Ga_Regul8r

Ga_Regul8r Member

I don't know why he drew on the purse snatcher, unless he knew the woman was carrying in her purse. Draw looks mighty slow/cumbersome. When he was knocked to the ground while changing his tire, he could have shot the perp with the gun still in his pocket. I just hope if I'm ever attacked, my attacker moves as slow as these did.

So who is volunteering to do a field test?

6. Pandashire

Pandashire New Member

The purse snatcher pulled out a knife.

"HE'S GOT A GUN!"

7. rankhornjp

rankhornjp Active Member

very much!! Also on the "comparison" video he clearly should have been faster with the holster, but slowed down to make the pants "win".

8. JMan

JMan New Member

what does this has to do with 178 rounds of ammo :screwy: :screwy:

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

In the last video he CCW's a Glock 19 with 178 rounds of ammo.

10. JMan

JMan New Member

I missed that thanks :righton:

11. JMan

JMan New Member

I am thinking about ordering a pair , but that parking lot vid is BS ...I would never pull if he (bad guy) has a gun on me already. That bad guy would have already shot him as he saw him reaching in his pants.

12. Ga_Regul8r

Ga_Regul8r Member

I missed that. Guess I'm dead. Course, the chase would have killed me to start with. I think it would be hard to call self-defense since I chased him down. Take the danged purse. Everything in it is replaceable.

13. 1clearshot

1clearshot Member

Yeah, it looks like he is shooting into open field past the target. :screwy:

I thought about carrying my P228 with 9 spare mags....but that would only be 131 rounds.... :shattered:

14. Deek

Deek Active Member

If I were to switch from my holster I would have to buy at least 5 pair of those pants. At around $90 a piece before taxes, the gains I can perceive don't even approach justifying that kind of money.

15. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Uh, that's north of 4.5 pounds (74 to 77.5 ounces) of ammo not including magazines.

1 x Glock 19 = 20.99 oz
    3 x 15-round magazines = 7.38 oz
    4 x 33-round magazines = 14.72 oz (fact check on line 3!)
    178 9mm * 182 grains = 74 oz (fact check on line 4!)
    ------------
    ~117 oz or 7.3 lbs

That is not a load-out that would let you do a parking lot sprint to catch a straying toddler. To simulate, hang 5x1.5-lb or 4x2-lb weights from 6 or 8 inch strings from a good gunbelt and sprint to the mailbox (or just the width of the living room). Anything faster than a saunter is going to get uncomfortable quick.

As far as the pants go though, they might be on my list to replace the discontinued 5.11 Covert Khakis. Well, it'll be that or a man purse. With 2 phones, a wallet, keys, backup drive, light, knife, writing utensil, and multiple work IDs I need a better system or I look like somebody with a pocket hoarding disorder.

References:
    http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infa ... _ammo.html
    http://www.glockfaq.com/content.aspx?ck ... odel_guide
    http://books.google.com/books?id=8RxJxY ... ht&f=false

16. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

guy runs like he has a load in his pants

17. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

http://www.eholster.com/gadget-shoulder-holster.html

18. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

I'm thinking if you have north of 4.5 pounds of ammo in there, your pants would rapidly be south of your waist.

:lol: :rotfl2: :p :rotfl2: :lol:

At least they would be on me once I started walking...

Sucks when you get older and develop that "reverse taper"....

19. MesaCranker

MesaCranker Active Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that. :lol: