Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
I like post #8 in that first thread, among others. :)

It is a bit refreshing to see the poll numbers in favor of CCW of some sort, but it does bother me that many of those cops want to put a lot of restrictions (sometimes it seems even stricter than what they have) on whether non-LEO should have guns. I think a few of them changed their mind over the course of the thread, which is great, though.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I find those numbers fascinating. Apparently the 'view from the pews' of law enforcement is not well reflected by the Chief's association here in Georgia, as well as a great many other LEO politicians. It is particularly comforting to me to read so many LEOs with such respect for constitutional rights.

I suppose the one option I didn't see in their polls was: No permit should be needed to exercise a basic right. Imagine if I needed a permit to attend church or read a book. How silly.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Are these fora restricted to active LEOs? Those numbers are overwhelmingly in favor.
These Are Private Forums for Law Enforcement. We Reserve the Right to Remove Non-LEO Members, Anti-LE or Inappropriate Posts and Users Without Warning.
Looks like they just try to moderate them out. Not sure how they would know for sure if you're LEO or not, though.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Are these fora restricted to active LEOs? Those numbers are overwhelmingly in favor.
No it's not restricted to active leo's. I actually saw that myself and registered to thow up some opinions. I am not an LEO. I just registered as a former Marine :lol:. Easy as that. On that website I have not stated I was a LEO. I think most assume you are though because you were able to register. 8) :whistle:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts