Do you believe CCW permits are a good thing?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by ptsmith24, Oct 9, 2007.

1. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I like post #8 in that first thread, among others. :)

It is a bit refreshing to see the poll numbers in favor of CCW of some sort, but it does bother me that many of those cops want to put a lot of restrictions (sometimes it seems even stricter than what they have) on whether non-LEO should have guns. I think a few of them changed their mind over the course of the thread, which is great, though.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Are these fora restricted to active LEOs? Those numbers are overwhelmingly in favor.

4. kkennett

kkennett New Member

I find those numbers fascinating. Apparently the 'view from the pews' of law enforcement is not well reflected by the Chief's association here in Georgia, as well as a great many other LEO politicians. It is particularly comforting to me to read so many LEOs with such respect for constitutional rights.

I suppose the one option I didn't see in their polls was: No permit should be needed to exercise a basic right. Imagine if I needed a permit to attend church or read a book. How silly.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Looks like they just try to moderate them out. Not sure how they would know for sure if you're LEO or not, though.

6. Wiley

Wiley Guest

7. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

No it's not restricted to active leo's. I actually saw that myself and registered to thow up some opinions. I am not an LEO. I just registered as a former Marine :lol:. Easy as that. On that website I have not stated I was a LEO. I think most assume you are though because you were able to register. 8) :whistle: