Do TV shows even hire consultants who know guns?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by gsusnake, Sep 4, 2007.

1. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I mean, seriously. I expect it from shows or movies that don't have much to do with guns.

But Law and Order? The X-Files? Training Day? The Departed?

I watched an episode of L&O. Lenny and Ed's fingers were both on their triggers.

Agent Mulder just cocked the hammer on his Glock.

Training Day the other day... Denzel has his finger on the trigger in every shot.

Seriously... how much would it cost to hire a consultant to say "Hey dumbass, don't put your finger on the trigger of the fake gun! Professionals don't do that. Hell, even gun owners who aren't professionals don't do that. MORON!"

I just don't get it.

[/rant]

2. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

Given the number of NDs among Glock-toting cops, I'd say that a fair number of them don't know how to keep their finger off the trigger.

Also, yeah, some productions do hire professionals. Some actors actually know how to use guns. Steven Seagal, while barely qualifying as an actor, tends to maintain pretty decent firearm discipline in his films.

3. merlock

merlock Active Member

Those 'actors' are just mimicking the legendary professionalism we all know and respect :p

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Most of the :sheep: don't know the difference, so why would they waste their time?

5. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Things I've noticed that are annoying:

-cocking the hammer on glocks or multiple cocking of the hammer
    -reracking the slide multiple times, yet no shells ever eject. (pump shotguns too)
    -shooting 2-10x times the number of shells the gun will hold.
    -shooting at point blank range and missing every shot.
    -hiding behind a paper thin object, sheetrock, 55 gallon drum, etc and being protected from gunfire, including rifle fire

A lot of movies are filmed in CA.....

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Maybe they do know and want to portray gun owners as idiots. :foilhat:

7. Ashe

Ashe Active Member

I've figured out a good reason for why you see alot of those firearms boo-boos.

They are mostly there because of editing mistakes.
    They film an actor firing his 13 rounds from 3 or 4 different angles.
    During editing they want to use as much of the expensive film as they can so they edit the shots together, this what originally was 10 shots is now 30 or more shots.
    Same thing as the Roundhouse kick that hits 3 times in marttial arts movies.

The cocking of the hammer is the fault of the sound dubbing dept. Their job is to insert background noises into the film, thats where all the footsteps, the broken glass, car noise ect. come from.

8. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

They're all carrying those mythical "safe guns."

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Like squealing tires on a dirt road :roll:

10. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I'm offended that you would accuse Mulder of doing something like that. :evil:

:lol:

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Dude...watch a Michael Mann film... You'll fap yourself to sleep.