Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem. police confiscated my weapon last night when i followed the ga. law to the tee. it was taken from me after being assaulted by 10-12 people. i broke no laws. fired no shots nor harmed anyone but was severly injured by a mob beat down threatening to harm and kill me. i was on my way to the hospital after an altercation with a family i was invited over for a xmas dinner. i never made it to the door. this very overwieght man-kid met me at the door and bumped me back with each slur screaming at me for yelling at his mother. i had no clue what he was talking about???i had a handfull of presants for 4 little children i knew would be there. get this. the mother called me 2 hours before and wanted to know if i was going to come for dinner for sure. it was a set up. i was pushed down totally confused about what was happening. when i fell, i landed awkwardly and my left leg got behind my back. i landed on the corner of a rail tie and my leg popped. i tried to get to my feet and discovered that the left leg wouldn't respond but it took 10 seconds to do this. when i got to my feet everyone at the house was coming at me. don't know how many. 10-12, maybe. they all started assaulting me like a gang initiation ceremony. i made it to my car and sped out 200 feet down the street, got out of the car and i had blood all over my cloths. i had a stab wound in my right thumb, a large scrape on my right shin and i just got back from the hospital with a ruptured vastus latereris tendon, a slight rupture of the patella and a 3/4 tear in my left rotator cuff. i will need surgury when the swelling goes down for the rotor cuff. also a right groin pull and a slight knee sprain. i got the tar beat out of me. heres what happened when i was 200 ft. from the house. after removing my leather coat (which saved a lot more injury) they started coming down the road at me. i grabbed my 9mm and warned the mob that i will fire if anyone touches me. they backed down and ran to the house. to avoid any further conflict i drove to the hospital. i never made it. the police surrounded me 1/2 mile at a stop sign. with guns drawn i immediatly put my hands thru my sun roof. i was searched and put into the back seat of a police car. they gave me 3 blow tests for booze. i dont drink. but they kept insisting to blow another which i then refused. i was protecting myself from a rioting mob for dogs sake. i had injuries and could barely walk. heres the trip?? they said i was protecting myself but confiscated my gun and said they were going to destroy my ammo.i wasn't arrested and they wanted to know if i wanted to press charges on anyone. is this legal? any comments on this??

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have one question. If the assault was as bad as you claim, why didn't you pull your weapon for self defense?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Contact a lawyer. DKing or gunsmoker on this forum. Follow their advice and don't say much more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
COMMANDER1911 said:
I have one question. If the assault was as bad as you claim, why didn't you pull your weapon for self defense?
i did. but i didnt fire when they went back to the house. there were small children in back of them. read it all dude.

·
Banned
2,559 Posts
Did you tell the police that you did want to file charges???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MyFred said:
no. get this. they were all my sisters relatives so were all related. i dont have any broken bones. im disabled and have a serious disease to boot. i know what severe pain is and i didnt feel much from this.hows that for kin? by the way, but they took my pistol and didnt give me a reason. i got pissed off but they insisted i get to the hospital. i knew some of them so im not pissed at them. just the sargent of state police. the others were locals. who i never seen. its xmas for cryin out load. the rest of my family in Ct. says bust em too. i have many guns and a consealment permit. they didnt hurt me by taking it. they'll give it back in a few days. i just want to know if it leagal for them to take my weapon when everyone knows i was in my constitutional rights to protect myself from harm. thats it. no other advice is nessesary. but thanx for posting. i appreciate it. happy holidays to ya. t

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
COMMANDER1911 said:
thats right. and you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands also. dig that?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Yes, officer discretion goes a long way, and depending on the situation, they will and can confiscate anything they want, including your firearm. I don't understand how some of these things are legal, but they sometimes do it anyway.

If this entire story is all true, as said before, contact DKing NOW! Do not spare any time!

Also, call officers and tell them that you want to press charges now! If this happened the exact way that you are describing here, do it.

In the exact situation you just described, I probably would have drawn and fired if it is exactly like you say it was. I've already got a major physical disadvantage that is well medically documented, so I'm not going to mess around when 12 people are committing aggravated assault on me, potentially causing great bodily harm, and if they knocked you unconscious, how easy would it have been to beat you into a coma, with which you may never wake up.

I understand the children argument, but with modern hollow-points, and multiple people stacked, or in every direction, there has to be at least one clear shot on an attacker. I wouldn't have just sat there and taken that kind of a beating from a gang of 12 people. No way. I would have been in fear of my life at that point, definitely in fear that my body would be greatly harmed and never the same, again.

I wouldn't say another word on the forum, and I'd contact an attorney immediately.

Good luck. I know for a fact you're in good hands if DKing can take your case. He helped me out with my case and he did a great job. Very knowledgeable/intelligent, easy to work with, and hard-working. Just an all around great guy.

PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
461 Posts
tony9mm said:
COMMANDER1911 said:
thats right. and you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands also. dig that?
The officer didn't have a problem taking it. Just saying.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
tony9mm said:
MyFred said:
jIM MORRISON... I DONT KNOW WHATS GONNA HAPPEN, BUT IM GONNA GET MY KICKS BEFORE THE WHOLE :censored: GOES UP IN FLAMES. YEAH. YEAH.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38004 Click here.

You will need to edit the Sugar Honey Ice Tea out of that post, above. Its not nearly disguised. I know you are new here, so I thought I would let you know that profanity is 100% banned here, even if you just change one letter.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you stick around. If you are just trolling, feel free to move along.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
If this is all true...

Just cause someone is family doesn't mean you have to see them or talk to them.... Think about it.

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
Children kept you from defending yourself? Children could have cost you your life?
Hmmmmm smells fishy to me!

If this is true then contact the lawyers above and keep quiet and let this topic die out.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Savvy Jack said:
Children kept you from defending yourself? Children could have cost you your life?
Hmmmmm smells fishy to me!

If this is true then contact the lawyers above and keep quiet and let this topic die out.
:righton: :righton: :righton: :righton:

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
If I was a LEO, I'd have taken your weapon and license too. You involved a weapon on property that wasn't yours and didn't use it. Tsk tsk tsk [-X If your threat wasn't bad enough to use the weapon, don't involve it. Sure, you may think it saved you a further beat down, but no, I extrapolate that you should have fled the scene at the first sign of trouble and/or should have tried to diffuse the situation when met with aggression. You should have left, called who invited you on the phone, relayed the situation, and returned once you knew the problem resolved/or had better situational awareness to know you were being setup to be a sucker. To me, you sound like someone who got a gun, thought it made you tough, and went looking for trouble. You found it.

You own a gun. You now carry MORAL RESPONSIBILITY, practice it. You are now required to be the "better man", NO MATTER WHAT. Even if you are in the right, back down, avoid confrontation.

But for the benefit of the doubt (even though my troll meter is going to 11) and that you are new, thought you knew the law, and now have had to learn a hard lesson.....get a good lawyer. You're gonna hurt worse in the wallet longer than the bruises hurt.

·
Registered
504 Posts
You had your sunroof open? In the winter? AC not working? :twisted:

1/2 a mile from the scene..thats a wicked fast response time for any police. (~900 yards from your intial stop where you got out and pointed a firearm at the mob).

I would be inclined to say that someone would have had to call the police before they started at you..unless you mean 1/2 mile from the hospital, it is not clear in your post.

I amazed you could get an MRI at a local hospital on Christmas day that fast to determine which tendons and the extent that they were damaged...can't get it that fast out here..usually a few days at best.

Something things appear amiss here....

I would follow the good folks advice on here and contact a lawyer and say nothing else. Make sure you get the tapes and all dispatch conversation from the time frame.

Sorry about your injuries and that you didn't get Christmas dinner.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.