Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
68,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,236 Posts
First question of all should be: "Do believe the New York Post?" The article seems to set up a number of conflicting story lines, and that itself could be fake news or Clickbait --just designed to draw people into reading this article which quickly deviates into a mishmash of various Biden scandals having nothing to do with this particular handgun in the garbage can.

If the article accurately reports the conflicting statements, then I would go with the Secret Service as telling the truth and the gun store owner lying or having a bad memory. He says he refused to give any documents to the Secret Service that visited him, but later he sent those documents to ATF (Two totally different agencies). Yet he has shown no proof of this to the New York Post. He isn't even quoted in the article; the gist of his claim is just paraphrased and attributed to him.

·
68,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is all over various news articles, not just the NY Post. I just picked that one at random.

·
68,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
If the article accurately reports the conflicting statements, then I would go with the Secret Service as telling the truth and the gun store owner lying or having a bad memory. He says he refused to give any documents to the Secret Service that visited him, but later he sent those documents to ATF (Two totally different agencies). Yet he has shown no proof of this to the New York Post. He isn't even quoted in the article; the gist of his claim is just paraphrased and attributed to him.
"Monty, I'll choose door number 2!"

I tend to believe the gun store owner. If he gives up the paperwork to the Secret Service then his ass is on the line with the ATF when it comes up missing in a compliance audit. So he turns it over to the ATF and if he was smart he made copies beforehand. Politico says they have copies of the 4473.

Do we really believe what any fedgov agency says anymore? (n)

·
68,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Monty, I'll choose door number 2!"

I tend to believe the gun store owner. If he gives up the paperwork to the Secret Service then his ass is on the line with the ATF when it comes up missing in a compliance audit. So he turns it over to the ATF and if he was smart he made copies beforehand. Politico says they have copies of the 4473.

Do we really believe what any fedgov agency says anymore? (n)
It appears the gun store owner's comments are hearsay. He is not talking to the press. That makes me very hesitant to take what is being reported at face value. It would be different if Palmieri was stating this to every reporter that asked. Instead he is refusing comment.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Where did Politico get their copies of whatever paperwork they have? I doubt the ATF just hands out copies to those that ask and the Secret Service doesn't have them if I read the article correctly. That leaves Palmieri as the only other possible source, doesn't it?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,236 Posts
That "paperwork" is just about the sale of the gun to Hunter Biden. I'm sure there's nothing in that collection of paperwork that documents Secret Service agents coming around and requesting to do a search, or to have copies of certain gun sale given to them.

A copy of a form 4473 or a sales receipt does not do anything (not a damn thing)
to support the gist of the story about the Secret Service intervening in a domestic matter for the Bidens.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Seems more people are asking questions. Reliable source reposted by MSN.

Nemo

Washington Examiner
GOP seeks answers from Secret Service and FBI in Hunter Biden gun incident

Jerry Dunleavy, 2 hrs ago
Nikki Haley hits Kamala Harris over past comparison of ICE to KKK
Two top Republicans are seeking answers related to a reported 2018 gun incident involving President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, firing off a trio of letters to the FBI, Secret Service, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives about their possible responses to the event a few years ago.

Sen. Chuck Grassley and Sen. Ron Johnson said that they are “seeking information from federal law enforcement agencies regarding their reported role in an incident involving a firearm belonging to Hunter Biden long after Biden’s U.S. Secret Service protection had ended” and are “asking why the Secret Service became involved in the incident despite Biden’s elapsed status as a protectee, and seeking further information from both the FBI and ATF.” The senators asked for responses to all of their requests by April 8.

continued

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
That "paperwork" is just about the sale of the gun to Hunter Biden. I'm sure there's nothing in that collection of paperwork that documents Secret Service agents coming around and requesting to do a search, or to have copies of certain gun sale given to them.

A copy of a form 4473 or a sales receipt does not do anything (not a damn thing)
to support the gist of the story about the Secret Service intervening in a domestic matter for the Bidens.
Wasn't the point of the story that Hunter Biden "may" have lied on the 4473 - a felony in itself - about his drug use and therefore being a prohibited person? And that this was something Creepy Joe and/or some handlers thought needed to be, shall we say, disposed of down the ol' rabbit hole through the intervention of the Secret Service.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
But it does point to the fact that Hunter lied on the 4473. Pretty sure it's public knowledge he's an illegal drug user. Though he may not have been high on coke at that moment.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Let's not forget, his initial 'bust' was while serving as a PAO in the naval reserves for cocaine use. This resulted in a general discharge (rather than a dishonorable discharge as claimed by some outlets) but a matter of federal record.

It obviously wouldn't be the first time that the military "forgot" to notify civilian agencies of what I'd assume are notifiable events.

·
Custom User Title
2,023 Posts
But it does point to the fact that Hunter lied on the 4473. Pretty sure it's public knowledge he's an illegal drug user. Though he may not have been high on coke at that moment.
Hunter Biden filled the 4473 form in 2018. Was he making use of narcotics at that time?
I am asking because section 11.E of form 4473, reads "Are you ....?" and not "Have you ever been.... ?"

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hunter Biden filled the 4473 form in 2018. Was he making use of narcotics at that time?
I am asking because section 11.E of form 4473, reads "Are you ....?" and not "Have you ever been.... ?"
Test administered in 2013, subsequently discharged in 2014 (after less than a year's service, as I understand it)

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
No one says anything about the reason he joined the Navy. Was it resume enhancement, no show easy money, or what ? He was already quite accomplished as Amtrak board member, etc.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I put it down to him wanting to be seen as a veteran, so that he could go into politics. How better to protect your gains in the business world than to have your hands on the reins of power. C'mon man!

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
For some reason, I was under the impression that it was Biden's other son that got booted from the Navy.

·
68,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For some reason, I was under the impression that it was Biden's other son that got booted from the Navy.
Beau Biden was a major in JAG in the Delaware National Guard. As far as I know, he served honorably. He died of brain cancer.

Beau, Hunter, and their sister were in the car with their mother in 1972 when they had a collision. Beau's leg was broken. Hunter suffered a fractured skull and other head injuries. The sister and mother died. It was a traumatic time. Biden later remarried and had one additional daughter, so Beau is the only brother.

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Beau Biden was a major in JAG in the Delaware National Guard. As far as I know, he served honorably. He died of brain cancer.

Beau, Hunter, and their sister were in the car with their mother in 1972 when they had a collision. Beau's leg was broken. Hunter suffered a fractured skull and other head injuries. The sister and mother died. It was a traumatic time. Biden later remarried and had one additional daughter, so Beau is the only brother.

I remember Joe Biden ruining the life of the truck driver involved in that accident. He made malicious claims that the truck driver was drunk. All of his claims were proven false and Joe Biden never apologized for his lies.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts