Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a two year old Samsung 56" DLP that's on the fritz. After being on for a half hour or so, it starts cycling on and off about every 30 seconds. I did some Googling with the model number and found issues with the mother board and the capacitor to the bulb as possible causes of this.

Does anyone have a recomendation for TV repair? In home in Cumming would be nice, or I can carry it somewhere within a 30-40 minute drive.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I've got a DLP as well. How old if your bulb? I replaced my bulb with an aftermarket about 3 months before I started having issues with parts of the screen going dark. I thought something else had gone on mine but it was the bulb. The TV Tech I talked to said it's the bulb 80% of the time. Since they cost $75+ to come out there I figured I'd try a new bulb first since I'll need it later anyway and then have them come out if needed.

I'm pretty sure the place I talked to was TV Pros
http://www.kudzu.com/m/TV-Pros-Electron ... 3/reviews/

Good luck.

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
Bulbs are an easy swap. The bearing was starting to get loud on the color wheel in one of my DLPs so I braved taking it apart to replace the color wheel after I found a very detailed how to. If you aren't comfortable with doing that (taking the TV apart), I can only recommend staying away from Norman's Electronics. They are either overwhelmed with work or just really lazy and when I took my HT receiver in for repair, they couldn't get it right the first time and it went bad again with the same problem three days after I got it back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had a capacitor and board go out on my unit a couple years ago.... it was a 3 month wait for the repair place to get the equipment to fix it due to strict manufacturer terms. Good luck!

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The set is under two years old.

I called TV Pros, the guy didn't speak much english, and without looking at it he told me to order a lamp housing assembly for $160 from another company and replace it myself.

I also called Entertainment Mart, the gentleman that I spoke with nice and very helpful. He told me that I could bring it by and he would look at it and give me free estimate. When I get up and around I'm going to bring it to him, He's only about 15 minutes from here.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got a call from the shop. The TV has a blown capacitor on the power supply to the bulb. He has the part in stock. Parts and labor will be $129 and it will be ready thus evening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts