Disgusting Cartoon

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Saw this over at the High Road.

[​IMG]

Sorry I am not better at HTML.

2. Malum Prohibitum

3. Malum Prohibitum

My thought is something along the lines of schools being one place where the Second Amendment is completely violated. Were it not, then maybe some adult would have been armed, and the children depicted would be alive.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Somebody over there modified it.

[​IMG]

5. Malum Prohibitum

And here is what else can happen when you abandon that right:

:shock:

[​IMG]

6. Malum Prohibitum

Hey, I am finally figuring out this html . . . well, a little bit of it, anyway.

7. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Saw this comment in the Sunday Macon telegraph:

Truly despicable

The Viewpoints cartoon on Oct. 5 was the most distasteful item that has ever appeared in The Telegraph. It truly was despicable any way you slice it. I can understand why the cartoonist scribbles his name to resemble a wet worm crawling across the paper - he doesn't want us to know who he is.

Surely your paper is above such disrespect. Two members of my family have been guests in an Amish household. They will verify that the Amish are the most hospitable, the most charitable, the most forgiving, and the most faithful people in America. On the day they buried their children, you publish this horrible "back to school special" on guns.

Your Viewpoints guidelines stress "no personal criticisms," "wide community interest," and "no divisive or objectionable comments." Don't you agree that your editorial writers and cartoonists need to adhere to the same guidelines?

C.W. Cook
    Macon Editorial cartoonists comment on national and world events frequently through the use of criticism, irony or sarcasm. The cartoonist was trying to convey the peaceful Amish are living in a world where the wide availability of guns can invade and rip apart their quiet lifestyles -The editors.

I sent them a response which was posted today:

Personal Responsibilty

Regarding your editorial response in Sundays edition to the various comments on the Amish scholhouse shooting, you said "The cartoonist was trying to convey that the peaceful Amish are living in a world where the wide availability of guns can invade and rip apart their quiet lifestyles".

I suppose that means the wide availability of Honda Accords is the reason a family was run over on purpose and a little girl killed after a quiet and peaceful meal at the Covington McDonalds in May. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

8. Malum Prohibitum

Well, guns in school are ok, so long as it is only police officers who have the guns and nobody else, right? You know, those "school officers?"

School Officer Arrested In Alleged Child Abduction Attempt
    LINK

A Philadelphia School District police officer assigned to protect students was instead under arrest Sunday for allegedly trying to abduct a teen in West Philadelphia.

He did it while in uniform . . .