Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://wreg.com/2016/06/30/disabled-st-jude-patient-sues-airport-and-tsa-after-bloody-scuffle-with-airport-police/

MEMPHIS, Tenn. --- Bloodied and bruised Hannah Cohen was led from Memphis International Airport in handcuffs.

The 19-year old was headed home to Chattanooga after treatment for a brain tumor at St. Jude Hospital June 30, 2015.

It's a trip they've made for 17 years.

This time, an unarmed Hannah, set off the metal detector at a security checkpoint

“They wanted to do further scanning, she was reluctant, she didn't understand what they were about to do," said her mother Shirley Cohen.

Cohen told us she tried to tell TSA agents her daughter is partially deaf, blind in one eye, paralyzed, and easily confused, but said she was kept at a distance by police.

“She's trying to get away from them but in the next instant, one of them had her down on the ground and hit her head on the floor. There was blood everywhere,†said Cohen.

Hannah was arrested, booked and on the night she should have been celebrating the end of her treatment, she was locked up in Jail East.
more at the above link

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
The TSA dun good. She could have been hiding C4 in her tumor cavity.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
There are stories about boy scouts being on the no fly list, so I am sure jihadis can even dress up like disabled teens. I am sure glad the federal agent was able to go home to his family that night, sleeping well in the knowledge that he made the skies just that much safer.

Nodding off to to lyrics, land of the free, home of the brave......

·
Registered
73 Posts
Absolutely shameful.

Here's another link: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/dis...g-confused-and-afraid-at-security-checkpoint/

The young woman, who was returning home after finishing treatment for the brain tumor at St. Jude Hospital, was arrested and booked into jail.

Authorities eventually threw out the charges against Hannah Cohen, but her family has filed a lawsuit against Memphis police, airport police and the TSA.

Neither police department commented on the suit, but a spokesperson for the TSA said passengers should notify agents ahead of time if they have special needs.

“Passengers can call ahead of time to learn more about the screening process for their particular needs or medical situation,†said TSA spokesperson Sari Koshetz.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I've been at that checkpoint many times, was there just a 4 weeks ago. To me they have always been nice, nicer than other airports.

That level of aggression was not needed, that airport is dead. The TSA post is over staffed. There is never a line at that airport. They had the time and the staff to handle that much more slowly and carefully

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Absolutely shameful.

Here's another link: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/dis...g-confused-and-afraid-at-security-checkpoint/

The young woman, who was returning home after finishing treatment for the brain tumor at St. Jude Hospital, was arrested and booked into jail.

Authorities eventually threw out the charges against Hannah Cohen, but her family has filed a lawsuit against Memphis police, airport police and the TSA.

Neither police department commented on the suit, but a spokesperson for the TSA said passengers should notify agents ahead of time if they have special needs.

“Passengers can call ahead of time to learn more about the screening process for their particular needs or medical situation,†said TSA spokesperson Sari Koshetz.
Call ahead? Are you f-ing kidding me?! Jesus H Christ...wtf is wrong with this country?

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
I think it's possible to have another Holocaust-type event so long as you could justify it for public safety. Public safety trumps all rights, always, and SCOTUS agrees.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Like my signature block says......

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I've been at that checkpoint many times, was there just a 4 weeks ago. To me they have always been nice, nicer than other airports.

That level of aggression was not needed, that airport is dead. The TSA post is over staffed. There is never a line at that airport. They had the time and the staff to handle that much more slowly and carefully
Obviously you don't present yourself as much of a threat as this young lady does.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There are stories about boy scouts being on the no fly list, so I am sure jihadis can even dress up like disabled teens. I am sure glad the federal agent was able to go home to his family that night, sleeping well in the knowledge that he made the skies just that much safer.

Nodding off to to lyrics, land of the free, home of the brave......
I personally experienced a group of Scouts and Scouters, 2 Philmont crews or 24 people total, all in BSA uniform, all being subjected to extra security at Denver. No one was beaten, but they sure seemed to be trying to prove something.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
The criminals that did this to Hannah Cohen need to be severely punished!

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
The criminals that did this to Hannah Cohen need to be severely punished!
And the taxpayers will be the ones punished instead. Remember, government personnel are pretty much immunized against all wrongdoing if acting officially.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Yeah if there is a settlement, the taxpayers will be the one to pay, not the individuals that did this to her.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Yeah, I know that's the truth, unfortunately.

However, I wasn't thinking of taxes. A good old fashioned whooping on them like they did to her was what I had in mind.

Not advocating anyone go do it - just saying that if there was true justice in the court system, they'd have it meeted out to them by a judge.

And the taxpayers will be the ones punished instead. Remember, government personnel are pretty much immunized against all wrongdoing if acting officially.

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...ng-her-disabled-daughters-head-ground/374044/

A pattern of sequins in the shape of an owl on Hannah Cohen's T-shirt may have triggered the alarm at a Memphis airport security checkpoint, setting in motion a chain of events that led to the disabled teen's face being bloodied, allegedly by federal agents, as her mother looked on in horror.
Sequins on a shirt, huh? Better require full nudity from now on then. :roll:

Cohen, who is blind in her left eye and deaf in her left ear, is impaired from radiation and removal of a brain tumor, and is limited in her ability to talk, walk, stand, see and hear. Her mother, Shirley Cohen, says she begged Transportation Security Administration screeners to let her help her disabled daughter through the checkpoint, but she said they called for backup instead.
ZERO lives saved. The TSA record stands unsullied.

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
"They were grabbing her from both sides," Shirley Cohen alleged Friday. "One of them slammed her down, hit her head on the cement, and there was blood everywhere."
Sounds like attempted murder, trying to crack her head open.

WTF is wrong with these people? I'll take my chances if a fellow passenger starts shouting about almond snackbars. DUMP THE TSA NOW!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts