Disabled teen beaten by TSA

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by phaed, Jul 1, 2016.

1. phaed

phaed Active Member

http://wreg.com/2016/06/30/disabled-st-jude-patient-sues-airport-and-tsa-after-bloody-scuffle-with-airport-police/

more at the above link

2. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

The TSA dun good. She could have been hiding C4 in her tumor cavity.

3. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

There are stories about boy scouts being on the no fly list, so I am sure jihadis can even dress up like disabled teens. I am sure glad the federal agent was able to go home to his family that night, sleeping well in the knowledge that he made the skies just that much safer.

Nodding off to to lyrics, land of the free, home of the brave......

4. 82A1

82A1 Member

Absolutely shameful.

Here's another link: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/dis...g-confused-and-afraid-at-security-checkpoint/

[​IMG]

The young woman, who was returning home after finishing treatment for the brain tumor at St. Jude Hospital, was arrested and booked into jail.

Authorities eventually threw out the charges against Hannah Cohen, but her family has filed a lawsuit against Memphis police, airport police and the TSA.

Neither police department commented on the suit, but a spokesperson for the TSA said passengers should notify agents ahead of time if they have special needs.

“Passengers can call ahead of time to learn more about the screening process for their particular needs or medical situation,†said TSA spokesperson Sari Koshetz.

5. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Member

I've been at that checkpoint many times, was there just a 4 weeks ago. To me they have always been nice, nicer than other airports.

That level of aggression was not needed, that airport is dead. The TSA post is over staffed. There is never a line at that airport. They had the time and the staff to handle that much more slowly and carefully

6. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Call ahead? Are you f-ing kidding me?! Jesus H Christ...wtf is wrong with this country?

7. Mrs_Esterhouse

I think it's possible to have another Holocaust-type event so long as you could justify it for public safety. Public safety trumps all rights, always, and SCOTUS agrees.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  8. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Like my signature block says......

9. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Obviously you don't present yourself as much of a threat as this young lady does.

10. Georgia1911

Georgia1911 Member

I personally experienced a group of Scouts and Scouters, 2 Philmont crews or 24 people total, all in BSA uniform, all being subjected to extra security at Denver. No one was beaten, but they sure seemed to be trying to prove something.

11. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

The criminals that did this to Hannah Cohen need to be severely punished!

12. Mrs_Esterhouse

And the taxpayers will be the ones punished instead. Remember, government personnel are pretty much immunized against all wrongdoing if acting officially.

13. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

Yeah if there is a settlement, the taxpayers will be the one to pay, not the individuals that did this to her.

14. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Yeah, I know that's the truth, unfortunately.

However, I wasn't thinking of taxes. A good old fashioned whooping on them like they did to her was what I had in mind.

Not advocating anyone go do it - just saying that if there was true justice in the court system, they'd have it meeted out to them by a judge.

15. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Standing army problem.

16. CoffeeMate

Yeah, it was their fault.

:shakehead:

17. CoffeeMate

Disband this useless "agency".

18. CoffeeMate

19. CoffeeMate

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...ng-her-disabled-daughters-head-ground/374044/

Sequins on a shirt, huh? Better require full nudity from now on then. :roll:

ZERO lives saved. The TSA record stands unsullied.

20. CoffeeMate

Sounds like attempted murder, trying to crack her head open.

WTF is wrong with these people? I'll take my chances if a fellow passenger starts shouting about almond snackbars. DUMP THE TSA NOW!