directions from the north, south, and east to the meet

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by artz, Aug 18, 2006.

1. artz

artz New Member

The easiest route for you coming from N.W. Ga. would be US 27 South to Franklin, GA.
    Continue through Franklin on hwy 27 toward LaGrange. You will drive into Troup county about 5 to 7 miles. Past the community of Hillcrest about 1 to 2 miles you come onto WARES CROSSROADS. Take a right turn and follow to the 4-way stop. Take a right again (thats hwy.219 North or Moody Bridge rd. as some locals call it). You will follow over a bridge with a partially dried up West Point lake and continue uphill a few miles. You will see the sign on the right before you enter the range. If you don't know its there, you'll probably miss it, so slow up.
    There is alot of construction going on hwy. 27, so be careful...
    The easiest route coming from the south would be to stay on hwy. 27 north to Lagrange. You will go thru the city and on the north end (toward Franklin), you will see a WAL-MART sign (the big one at the roads edge). Take a left there. You will pass by the store thats on your right. At the stop sign, make a RIGHT turn ( thats HWY. 219 or Moody Bridge road). and travel perhaps 5-6 miles and contonue past a large bridge on lake West points' edge and continue uphill a few miles. You will see the sign on the right before you enter the range. If you don't know its there, you'll probably miss it, so slow up.
    The easiest route from the east if you are coming south or north on I-85 is to get off at the EXIT 18 (Greenville RD.). Turn west. About a mile up you will see West Georgia commons mall on your right. Go past the redlight at the malls' entrance to the next redlight (South Davis RD.), there take a right until you get to another redlight. Follow thru until you get to a 4 way stop. Again, follow thru until you get to another stop sign. Once again follow thru. When you get to another stop sign, take a right turn(this is HWY 27 North). You will procede a good 6-7 miles going thru roadwork and past Beech creek and Yellowjacket creek. About a couple of miles from there, start looking for WARES CROSSROADS (no 4 way stop ) then turn left, and follow until you get to a stop sign. Take a right (thats hwy.219/moody bridge road). You will follow over a bridge with a partially dried up West Point lake and continue uphill a few miles. You will see the sign on the right before you enter the range. If you don't know its there, you'll probably miss it, so slow up.

Any questions ?
    These are simple and straight forward directions, so don't read into them too hard.
    See ya' there !!! Arthur 8)

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

How are the roads leading to the range itself? The reason I'm asking is, if the roads are rutted dirt roads I would drive my truck but if they were paved or dirt in good shape we would take my wifes honda to save gas....

3. artz

artz New Member

100 % paved and the honda will be perfectly safe.
    Not that many dirt roads left anymore in the area...
    The range road is like a paved driveway, only a few hundred yards to the benches from the highway. A nice range....

4. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Sounds great, with gas prices the way they are I really hate to take my truck on long trips.