Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't firearms season for deer open today? How did our members do today?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I saw a turkey... no deer :( I only got in the woods this morning though

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
My son saw one Saturday but didn't shoot because he wanted a bigger one. My daughter was out with her boyfriend and he got a doe.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got a six-pointer that weighed right at 180lbs, saturday mornin at 8 a.m.

·
Just a Man
6,061 Posts
I was a lucky guy this weekend at hunt camp. Started Friday morning on a bow stand and saw 4 different bucks running a doe. Never could get a shot, but man it was fun. I saw a couple doe that afternoon. Saturday morning I got to watch a small 8 pointer running some doe on an oak flat next to a swamp bottom. Saturday afternoon I hunted the same stand and had a basket rack 8 and a spike mill around my climber for about 40 minutes. The 8 went over to my mock scrape I had set up with a scent dripper and freshened it up. Then he worked a rub on the edge of the swamp.

I got a 7 pointer crossing a wide road chasing a doe Sunday morning. Bucks were grunting and chasing like crazy this morning. I heard 4 different bucks grunting, and several all at the same time. Under normal circumstances I would not have shot this deer because of its age. I estimate he is about 3 years old after looking at his teeth, but he was moving so fast……and I only had a second or two to size him up. Oh well, at least I have some meat in the freezer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts