Did you hear? Packing dot ORG is down...

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Boy Racer, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

:roll: Well, when you play the odds, you can expect that clicking on http://www.packing.org will net you nothing 5 out of 8 times you need it.

Anyway, I have found (mostly by looking at http://www.handgunlaw.us) that TN and KY will honor my GFL. Unfortunately, it would appear that OH does not. I can not find any reading that tells me OH will allow me to have my handgun with me in OH, even if left in my vehicle.

Can anyone tell me if there's a way I can carry, either in my direct possession or at least in my direct control, into and then back out of the great state of Ohio?

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Where is that video of the felony stop in Ohio?

And that guy was complying with the law!

3. Malum Prohibitum

Unloaded, cased, in trunk. Sec. 2923.16(C)

4. Malum Prohibitum

Ohio honors a Florida license.

Ohio honors a Utah license. We have two Utah instructors on this site. But Utah appears to be as slow as a Georgia probate judge.

5. Malum Prohibitum

6. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

http://www.ag.state.oh.us/le/prevention ... 070314.pdf

Has anyone read this stuff? I've just spent the last 20 minutes reading this I am blown away. It really gets craptacular starting around page 23, and the money shot is on page 25:

What a friggin' joke! Deadly force is not justified in your own home except under a few very specific circumstances? :shock:

"Get up, Honey, there's a burglar downstairs. We have to go stand out in the snow until he's taken all of our valuables."

7. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

But this seems to me to be the statutes that apply to residents, not necessarily non-residents. But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

So if they do not reciprocally accept a GFL, am I still to understand that while I travel in their state that I am afforded the rights and privileges of a resident?

If they do not recognize a GFL, then is that the same as saying that as long as I am in Ohio, I do not have a CCW permit?

8. Malum Prohibitum

9. Malum Prohibitum

10. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

[/quote:qcsp3fd0]I read that the first time. I am still of the opinion that applying for either a Florida and/or Utah non-resident license will not help me before we leave this Thursday morning.