Did you deserve the punishment you received?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by GeorgiaGlocker, Jul 24, 2007.

1. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

After just responding to a DFACS thread, I have to ask. How many of us got what we had coming to us growing up?

Back in the old days my dad gave out the discipline at home and being the oldest I received most of the discipline. Not sure why that was. My dad beat the fool out of us with a belt. And yes, we deserved it! It made an impresssion! If you get my drift. We never made the same mistake twice.

I still can't figure out to this day how my dad got his belt off in .018 seconds! Once I received a whipping just before supper and had to eat standing up. I can also remember a time when I was going somewhere and got into trouble and had to wait a while before I could get into the car and drive. Ah, the good ole days.

My dad would be arrested today for his form of punishment, but I have to say....it worked!!

2. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

It's Biblical.

Proverbs 22:15, Proverbs 23:13, Proverbs 29:15...

All three of them say "beat thine child's @ss!".

3. HannitizedRushBaby

HannitizedRushBaby New Member

Let's put it this way...

I heard it once said that someone didn't want to spank their child because it might "squelch their personality". Well, my dad squelched my personality all over the house!!! (And, if I do say so myself, I think I still have plenty of personality left!)

Sinbad has it right too... he said someone told him that spanking teaches children to hit... he says that it doesn't. It simply teaches them to sit down! LOL!!!

Also, I think that more often than not you can tell if someone was spanked as a child.

I do think that the form of discipline used depends on the child though. I think that you have to take a different approach for each child. I am definitely pro-spanking though. Time-out is a waste of time!

And, YES, I do believe I deserved every last spanking that I got. (Even though I tried to sweet talk my way out of them! LOL! "Mom! Mom! Hang on... let's talk about this!" Hahaha!!!

4. merlock

merlock Active Member

I deserved every last whack. :lol:

I just thank (insert your own deity here) that my kids were not as bad as me! :wink:

5. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

My dad didn't have to spank my brother and I that often since we knew better than to disobey him. When we did screw up badly enough though, we got spanked. And the spankings made an impact. It taught me not to do what I did, or at the very least to not get caught doing it again :lol:

The biggest thing I see parents doing these days that causes their childrent to run roughshod over them and everyone else, is they don't follow through on their threats. If you tell little Johnny, "I'm going to spank you if keep doing that", and then not only don't follow through but give in to the child, you have lost all authority.

I still remember when my dad spanked my brother once and my brother, who is a world-class smartass, said, "I'm going to call children's services and tell on you". Dad promptly told him, "Go ahead, and after I get through whipping their ass, I'll whip yours once more". And you know what? We both believed he would do just that. Didn't mess with dad.

6. GeorgiaGlocker

:rotfl2:

7. GeorgiaGlocker

How often did that work?

8. AV8R

AV8R Banned

And this right here is paramount. Even if someone doesn't believe in spanking, doing what you say you are going to do is crucial. This is why we rarely spank our kids anymore... They learned a long time ago that when I say "do it again and you're getting a whipping," they got it. All I have to do now is grab them by them arm with that look in my eye and they get the chills. :lol:

And I deserved every whipping I ever got. I also got away with a few things that would have resulted in a horrible beating, but Mom doesn't surf these forums so I'm not worried too much any more. :help:

9. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Oh, and BTW, I am not surprised by the amount of people here that have parents that dealt out whippings. This forum is full of good, law abiding folks that stand up for what they believe in and rarely mince words.

Go to a squishy, feel-good forum (liberals perhaps?) and see who whips their kids, or even received a good beating from their folks. I may be painting with a broad brush here, but I'm sure that I'm getting paint on what I want to be painted. :wink:

10. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Mom always doled out the punishments. My dad did not lay a hand on me until I was 14, and decided I was the big man in the house and didn't have to listen to what he said, and I can take you, old man.

I took one swing at him and woke up about an hour later with dad holding a cold beer against my black eye, saying "I bet you don't do something that stupid again, do you? Drink that beer."

11. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

I earned every last whippin' I got. Some I had to work pretty hard for.

School of hard knocks Grad.

Chris

12. Claire

Claire New Member

my mom's best move was when she was standing at the kitchen sink with towel over shoulder - -- she'd dip the end of the towel in the water - then spin around & whip the towel at me. I knew she meant business then!

13. rajl

rajl Guest

Another ringer. One girl I dated several years ago was serious enough that I got to meet the family and hear the baby stories. Turns out spanking didn't work on her, she just didn't care. To recall one story, her mother told her "If you do that, I'm going to spank the hell out of you." Daughter said "Go ahead and spank me now, cause I'm gonna do it anyway". Well mom spanked daughter for being a smart ass, and daughter did it anyway, and got spanked again. But apparently, if you sat her in the corner as she was growing up, it was a fate worse than death.

14. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Pain is nature's way of saying "Stop :censored: up....!"

:twisted:

15. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Yeah mine dealt out whuppings!

I broke 3 wooden spoons in one beating! Pissed my mom off to no end as they were here italian gravy spoons!!! Then she ran for the metal one which became bent after giving me a few good cracks.

Yeah I thought I was the Boss in my house, to bad I was wrong!! Mom ruled that house.

16. glockgirl

glockgirl Guest

I only got one whipping and it lasted me the next 19 years.

17. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I got spanked as a kid. And the one time I thought I could overpower my Dad and not get a spanking......let's just say that was the last time I had that thought.

And then there was the time I was flippant with my mother.....I still have the scar on my hand.

Yeah, I deserved every last beating I got.

18. GeorgiaGlocker

I once took a different approach with my son a few years back. Instead of a whippin, I took away his cell phone for a week. He almost died. I was reading the paper one evening and he walked over to me with one of my belts in hand and asked me to whip him in order to get his cell phone back. I said no! That was a Kodak moment!

19. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

+1

20. M249

M249 New Member

I earned ever one I got, and earned some I never received.