Did Libertarians Elect Biden?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Nemo, Nov 15, 2020.

1. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Get a HECK-YEAH for Reagan closing the door on civilian ownership of machine guns?
    Get a BRAVO for 45 banning non-OEM stocks?

I didn’t think so, this is a 2A forum after all and it still turns out Obama was a better 2A President than either...

ICP_Juggalo and Malum Prohibitum like this.
  2. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Ironic, isn't it?

ICP_Juggalo and Malum Prohibitum like this.

3. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Trump's court picks with regard to Second Amendment Rights trounce both Obama's and Reagan's. Trump so far has been the best 2A President. Prove it otherwise. ;-)

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Reagan appointed Scalia, who wrote Heller.

Trump's Supreme Court picks have done zero for Second Amendment rights. Indeed, it appears they voted against hearing lower court cases that violated Heller and should have been reversed, that is, not enforcing Heller. Since voting is secret, we will never know, but they could not get four votes with Trump's picks.

Obama's picks - I give you that one.

ICP_Juggalo likes this.
  6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Well, they haven't had a chance yet. I was looking to the future of the Court, since Trump's picks will presumably have the chance to further Second Amendment Rights by removing some of the infringements.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Why do you say they haven't had a chance? Are you under the impression no Second Amendment cases have been appealed to the Supreme Court in the last few years? We had 10 at once shot down in flames recently, some of them direct violations of the holding in Heller.

ICP_Juggalo likes this.
  8. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

In a sense, you both are right. There probably were four votes available to grant cert on some of those 10 cases. But I suspect those four knew they did not have a 5th vote (the Chief) for the 2A. So they didn't take it.

If they don't take the cases now that they presumably do not need the Chief, well, bad for us.

9. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

So, Dem and Rep "picks" fail to support the 2nd Amendment thereby denying that Americans have the right to defend themselves from an overreaching government. Correct me if I am wrong but that is exactly why our forefathers penned that Amendment. It is not being used by any American except for those who argue about it from both sides. Some argue about it to make money and others because, well, it feels good. Far as I can tell it is just a bobble on a tree. It looks good and folks comment on it but it is of no actual practical use.

Libertarians didn't get 5% anywhere did they?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  10. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Your blatant ignorance is both astounding and palpable.

https://www.lp.org/2020-election-results/

11. ICP_Juggalo

I’ve ran for the state legislature twice as a Libertarian and both times I got more than 5% of the vote and those races had more than 3 candidates running.

12. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Your use of big words is impressive. Your assessment of my ignorance is spot on. I was thinking about the latest presidential contest. I was thinking that Jo Jorgensen only got about 1.2% of the vote. My bad. Thank you oh great one for correcting me in the loving manner that you employed.

13. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Wow! That's impressive. I guess you lost those races huh? Who would've thunk it?

14. HJB

HJB Active Member

Yea, I bet that was the big swinger ! I'm guessing that 99.99999999999999% of the people that voted could not even tell you what a bump stock or pistol brace even is, or that they even have anything to do with guns, or that Trump even banned them, or gave that any thought at all when they voted.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  15. ICP_Juggalo

The local Rethuglican establishment thought so. They were tripping all over themselves to suppress my campaign. It was worth it because they were Uberly pissed off at my presence on the ballot, thinking I was going to “steal” their votes. I mean hell, I’d piss you off just for a Klondike bar.

16. ICP_Juggalo

So how’s Herr Dumpft’s rejectio.. um re-election bid coming along?? Ohh that’s right.

Heck I even hear you Trumpanzees even have a nickname picked out for him for when he makes it back to Trump Tower on January 20th. I hear he likes the taco bowls at Trump Tower, so y’all decided to name him “Nacho” as in Nacho president anymore... :D :rotfl:

zetor and Adam5 like this.
  17. ICP_Juggalo

That 1% can be such a bitch at times :lol:

18. HJB

HJB Active Member

What 1% ?

19. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Darn. If those folks that are at your local level would have just put aside what they thought of you personally, your attitude, intellect, vision and just went ahead and voted for you, you would've won. Dang it! I mean you are so great and insightful and all and they really just didn't understand what they were passing up. Better luck next time. I'm rooting for you! Keep the faith and the vision! Rob Schneider "you can do it" - YouTube

20. ICP_Juggalo

I really am. If you want to bring the “real” person out in someone, just get them to start espousing their political beliefs. Take you for example. Your excessive public admiration for personality cults under the guise of faux patriotism and a sense of nationalism. All the while underneath that charade you put on, you despise personal freedom especially for others. You desire to be ruled and lorded over. You worship the state. You’re a statist. You’re right, someone like me could never convince someone the likes you to vote for me. I support what America used to stand for and you hate that.

Adam5 likes this.