Design the face of the GeorgiaCarry.Org

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by USMC - Retired, Jul 2, 2007.

1. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Design the face of the GeorgiaCarry.Org

GeorgiaCarry.Org would like to give any member the opportunity to put their creativity to the test and come up with the logo design that we'll be using for fundraising and organizational recognition. That includes our website, t-shirts, coffee cups, mouse pads, hats, gun show banners and anywhere else that GeorgiaCarry.Org might show up. So here is your chance to express what GeorgiaCarry.Org means to you.

Logo guidelines
    The selected Logo will need to be designed so that all elements will be clear and readable when printed as a 3 by 3 inch image. It should reflect a positive image to the general public with an emphasis on GCO’s legislative efforts. Entries that place heavy emphasis on firearms images or contain controversial or provocative wording will little chance of being selected. Copyrighted images should not be used in the creation of your entry; all entries must be the original work of the submitter. All entries should be submitted via email in .jpg format no later than 23 July 2007 at which time the GCO Board of Directors will select the winning entry.

The Prize
    The submitter of the winning logo will be recognized at the GCO Summer Lunch on 18 August 2007 and receive a Free GeorgiaCarry.Org coffee cup bearing the logo they submitted.

Please PM USMC – Retired for further instructions concerning submission of your entry.

2. Axeman

Axeman New Member

I will try to get my creative juices flowing....

3. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Change it to "Georgia Carry". I like the one in the state!!

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

What about just using the state flag? (Since it's on the top left of this site already, anyway...)

6. b8fish

b8fish New Member

Another aspect of good logo design is that it should be legible as a black and white copy - something that Xeroxes as a grey blob is not good. Fine print is also not good.

7. LeCZends

LeCZends New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Roger that.

8. LeCZends

LeCZends New Member

9. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Change the P to a C and do one on the state!

10. LeCZends

LeCZends New Member

11. tony218

tony218 New Member

i like the second one

12. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

And why not keep the Glock as well?

13. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

This is for GeorgiaCarry.Org not GeorgiaPacking.Org. The two are completely seperate so GCO needs a Logo that is unique to GCO.

14. Wiley

Wiley New Member

The answer has been at the bottom center of every page on this site.

-The image on my monitor is 3.5" wide by 1" high so it sould work for a business card with a slight reduction in width and leaving half the card height open for any desired personalization. It could be placed at the top of the card or the bottom depending on individual prefference.

-With enlargement it would work well as a bumper sticker, Cap or T-shirt imprint, banner, etc.

-The 'Gold Dome' may be retained or dropped.

-It's simple, clean, clear, already in use. Looks like it would reduce or enlarge equaly well. Would still be recognizable if rotated.

All in all, if not the answer, the best I've seen so far.

15. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Here's a quick and dirty version of what I envisioned. If anyone likes it, I can make a cleaner version.

I think this simple logo would do well on stickers, shirts, banners and buttons:
    [​IMG]

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Not bad. I wonder if just doing a blue outline of the state would look better?

17. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I thought of that, but it wouldn't be as eye-catching on a small sticker.