DeSantis Pro Stealth Holster

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by EagleEye920, Mar 2, 2006.

1. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

So, I got my DeSantis Pro Stealth holster in the mail today. I bought it for my S&W 642 revolver. But I'm not too pleased with it. It's too bulky for what I want. I have a cheap little Uncle Mike's Pocket Holster that fits it really well and I can just throw it in my pocket pretty easily.

I bought the DeSantis because I wanted an IWB that I could use for the 642 and carry on my right hip. (about 3 o'clock) It just doesn't work though. I put the Uncle Mike's at 3 o'clock and it works great except that there's no clip on it for my belt even though it's fairly secure when strapped between my side and my belt. Is that even legal since it's not an IWB?? I'd rather not do that anyway.

Any suggestions on a holster for this little revolver. I'll keep looking around. Until then, it'll stay in the pockets :)

2. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Why don't you have a belt clip or loop added to your Uncle Mikes?

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Just buy and Uncle Mike's IWB holster for the same gun. I have one, and it works great. And its cheap.

5. wwomack

wwomack New Member

I bought the Uncle Mike's IWB holster for my 642 but I didn't like it. The gun sits too low in the holster so I have trouble getting a good grip on the gun in order to draw it.

I also didn't care for the looseness of the gun in the fabric. When I'd sit down it felt like it was moving around too much. But I guess I'm used to the way my gun locks into my leather pocket holster (Milt Sparks) and my kydex paddle holster (Fobus).

6. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

Well, I bought the Uncle Mike's IWB and it arrived last night!! works like a charm!! :righton:

Thanks for the suggestions!