DESANTIS leather holster for Sig

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by VolGrad, Aug 17, 2007.

1. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I am looking for a leather belt holster for a Sig 229 with rails. I think I like the models and prices offered by DESANTIS.

http://www.desantisholster.com/gun-models-sig-p229r.html

I have it narrowed down to either the Sky Cop (cross-draw) or the Mini Slide. I am leaning toward the Mini Slide. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? With DESANTIS products in general?

I also have a 226 and have found that my Fobus paddle for my 229 will actually fit the 226 with good retention. Since the bottom of the holster is open the longer slide doesn't seem to present a problem. Does anyone know if this will work on the DESANTIS as well?

Thanks in advance
    VOLGRAD

2. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

I have the Desantis Mini Slide for the Springfield XD and I like it.

3. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

I've got a [not so] Mini Slide for my G21 and it works just fine.

4. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

No experience with the Desantis stuff, but I've found that if it fits the 226, it fits the 229, especially if the bottom of the holster is open.

5. VolGrad

Thanks. That is exactly what I needed to know. I had never tried this in my Fobus paddle until last night. What a great surprise. Now I can easily justify the new purchase.

6. VolGrad

Just got this response from DeSantis. I had asked two questions - (1) if the Sky Cop was open at the muzzle and (2) if the 226 and 229 would fit in the same holster, given the muzzle end was open.

The Sky Cop has an open muzzle design. If you put the P226R into the P229R holster, the gun will stick through the bottom of the holster. This may be a safety hazard as the front sight may catch. We do not offer this holster for the P226R.

DeSantis Holster & Leather Goods Co.

Plain and simple - yes, they will both fit. No, we will not accept responsibility if something goes wrong.

7. tace

tace New Member

I have a DeSantis leather OWB holster I picked up for my Steyr and I like it quite a bit. I used it in the Firearmz class for one day, was very comfortable.

8. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i have a desantis pancake speed holster for my 38spl, i like it very much, good retention and it hugs tight to my side. i have leather holsters from fist and blackhawk also and i use them all. i like my comp-tac kydex paddle the best for everyday wear.

9. VolGrad

I ended up ordering this......

http://www.desantisholster.com/01l.html

It arrived Saturday but I haven't worn it yet. I ordered for the P229 but both the P229 and P226 fit great. Can't wait to see how it feels. I might have to get a thicker belt to snug up the belt holes some but then I am afraid they won't fit my belt loops on my pants. We will have to see.

10. VolGrad

I wore this holster for the first time today. It is really nice. It fits nice and snug. I tried to conceal under an untucked tee and you could still see the grip some. It wasn't the holsters fault, my 229 is just a little hard to conceal on my frame. I put a button up over it and was completely invisible. This is my normal attire anyway so it wasn't like it was a burden. My only complaint is that the leather isn't broken in yet, so it "creaks" when I move. LOL.

Some might question the lock hole feature. I doubt I will use it much, if any, but it is a nice option. It doesn't get in the way at all.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

No holster is going to fix that.

12. VolGrad

You can fix fat, but not short. Unfortunately, I am a little of both. LOL. No kidding though, this would be a great holster for OC.