Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Oconee County Sheriff's Office is raffling off a Colt AR-15 A4 Lightweight Carbine to raise money for Deputies to D.C.

The deputies that make the trip will provide escorts to the families of fallen officers during Police Week.

The tickets are $10 each with the drawing being held on May 7, 2011. You do not have to be present to win. All laws regarding firearms transfers apply. To obtain tickets contact Lt. Attaberry at [email protected] or Lt. Guest at [email protected].

Snail mail:

P.O. Box 563
Watkinsville, GA 30677

Please make checks payable to "Deputies to D.C.".

PAYPAL:

PayPal is no longer an option.

UPDATE:

The drawing will be held at Clyde Armory. The winner does not have to be present to win; however, if the winner is present, Clyde's will give the winner an additional $300 in merchandise. More details to follow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,594 Posts
Great cause! I'll be getting at least five tickets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,993 Posts
As soon as you get that paypal account set up....
The Math Teacher is in.
:righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
In for the cause and the Paypal account info. :D
 

·
GeePeeDoHolic
Joined
·
6,404 Posts
I'm in. Has it been a year already?!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
PayPal may not allow you to use their service. They have rules about running raffles using PayPal as they are generally illegal.

May sound like a dumb question, but did the Sheriff's office speak with their lawyers to get this set up legally?

Hope so, I'll be donating too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
AtlantaJames said:
PayPal may not allow you to use their service. They have rules about running raffles using PayPal as they are generally illegal.

May sound like a dumb question, but did the Sheriff's office speak with their lawyers to get this set up legally?

Hope so, I'll be donating too!
Not sure if this is the most recent law, but my guess is that since it is the Sheriff's office that ok's charitable raffles, they know a thing or two about setting them up legally.

http://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/1995_96/ ... hb1637.htm

Count me in!
 

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
Joined
·
28,108 Posts
Is this a brand-new AR or one that has actually served as the long gun in somebody's patrol car or SWAT van?
I'd actually prefer one that's used and has a track record of reliable service, but either way I'm in.
I'll snail-mail a check.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AtlantaJames said:
AtlantaJames said:
PayPal may not allow you to use their service. They have rules about running raffles using PayPal as they are generally illegal.

May sound like a dumb question, but did the Sheriff's office speak with their lawyers to get this set up legally?

Hope so, I'll be donating too!
Not sure if this is the most recent law, but my guess is that since it is the Sheriff's office that ok's charitable raffles, they know a thing or two about setting them up legally.

http://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/1995_96/ ... hb1637.htm

Count me in!
The Sheriff was a tough sell, but we talked him into it... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gunsmoker said:
Is this a brand-new AR or one that has actually served as the long gun in somebody's patrol car or SWAT van?
I'd actually prefer one that's used and has a track record of reliable service, but either way I'm in.
I'll snail-mail a check.
This one is brand spanking new in the box. It's serial number 199 in this series.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lt. Attaberry told me that he had received several checks from people here. Thanks to those that have participated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,543 Posts
Is it ok to forward this? Facebook, Email, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
I'm in, but it seems snail mail may beat paypal because of the doubt.




:righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Swamper said:
I'm in, but it seems snail mail may beat paypal because of the doubt.

:righton:
We've been a little distracted this week...

We'll try to get the paypal up next week, but snail mail is a sure thing.
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top