Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Senior Mumbler
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A news story ran today on WTOC at 6 here in Savannah about a man who was asked to leave a Dennys restaurant for OC in Richmond Hill.
http://www.wtoc.com/global/story.asp?s=13201632
He doesn't have a right to carry in Dennys, but at least it brought out Denny's company policy (no OC). A video of the news story is there too.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
He will lose.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Denny's spokesperson said:
Please understand, as a business proprieter we have an obligation to protect all of our guests, including you.
Are armed guards going to walk with us from our car to our seats and back, and sit with us while we eat, while risking their lives to protect ours?

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
"I have a firearm, a licensed fire arm. I signed my life, my freedom over to carry this gun and protect me and anyone around me, not to use it against people," Abdallah said.
Huh?

Denny's did apologize to Abdallah for any misunderstanding; however, he tells WTOC his next stop will be to a lawyer.
For what?

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Please understand, as a business proprieter we have an obligation to protect all of our guests, including you.
Interesting statement.

Please understand if you were dining at Denny's with your wife and family were sitting next to somneone with a conspicuous weapon, how safe would you feel?
I'd be fine with it.

I certainly do not feel as though the manager was discriminating, ...
Discriminating against people carrying conspicuous weapons.

...although she may have been reacting emotionally and it may have felt like she was singling you out.
Yes, he was singled out.

Denny's did apologize to Abdallah for any misunderstanding...
So does that mean the guy can go back while OC? ... No? Oh, then the apology is meaningless.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Lawyer office. Good luck DA. :screwy:

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Property rights trumps 2nd Amendment. Find another place to eat.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
freeman101 said:
Lawyer office. Good luck DA. :screwy:
Maybe he knows a lawyer that serves a better breakfast than Denny's? :screwy:

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,820 Posts
From OCGA 16-11-127

(c) Except as provided in Code Section 16-11-127.1, a license holder or person recognized under subsection (e) of Code Section 16-11-126 shall be authorized to carry a weapon as provided in Code Section 16-11-135 and in every location in this state not listed in subsection (b) of this Code section; provided, however, that private property owners or persons in legal control of property through a lease, rental agreement, licensing agreement, contract, or any other agreement to control access to such property shall have the right to forbid possession of a weapon or long gun on their property, except as provided in Code Section 16-11-135. A violation of subsection (b) of this Code section shall not create or give rise to a civil action for damages

·
68,640 Posts
Twenty-two-year-old Ashraf Abdallah has been a regular at the Denny's Restaurant in Richmond Hill for years.

"I've been coming here for 12 years, since I was a child. My father would bring me out here," Abdallah told WTOC.

His visit on Wednesday afternoon may have been his last after what he calls rude treatment by a new manager.
Way to demonstrate those managerial skills - run off a long time, regular customer and piss off gun owners who may have spent money there.

·
68,640 Posts
Denny's corporate:

We have looked into this customer's complaint and believe that our employees acted in an appropriate manner and did not discriminate against the customer in any way. Denny's is committed to treating all customers with dignity and respect. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any customer or employee for any reason.
District manager for Denny's who sent this reply:

Please understand, as a business proprieter we have an obligation to protect all of our guests, including you. Please understand if you were dining at Denny's with your wife and family were sitting next to somneone with a conspicuous weapon, how safe would you feel? I certainly do not feel as though the manager was discriminating, although she may have been reacting emotionally and it may have felt like she was singling you out.
I will not spend a dime in Denny's until this policy is changed. It is too bad, too, as my son likes eating there.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Last time I was at Denny's they seated a large party in front of me. All with their pants way down their butt with lots of underwear hanging out.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
And dennys will never know how much money they are losing and how many customers they have lost unless we tell them.

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
patrick4588 said:
And dennys will never know how much money they are losing and how many customers they have lost unless we tell them.
http://www.dennys.com/en/contact_dennys.aspx
At Denny's our goal is to find new ways to strengthen relationships with our valued customers and improve our service. We appreciate your patronage in our restaurants, and strive to make each and every visit enjoyable. That's why we want to hear from you!

Please give us your questions, suggestions and comments about your dining experience by contacting the Denny's Call Center:
1-800-733-6697

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I always let places know. And I have posted places here that discriminate agaisnt gun toters and suggested our fellow members contact them. And been flamed for it.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Not at all, saved me the trouble of looking it up. Thanks

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I was very surprised too. The consensus was just shop elsewhere, don't whine about it. Its their right. Which I agree, but I want them to know they are losing my business by their policy.it has an affect, a negative one. They don't lose customers allowing me to carry there, they definitely do not allowing it.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,728 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Denny's corporate:

We have looked into this customer's complaint and believe that our employees acted in an appropriate manner and did not discriminate against the customer in any way. Denny's is committed to treating all customers with dignity and respect. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any customer or employee for any reason.
District manager for Denny's who sent this reply:

[quote:3ckin8p0]Please understand, as a business proprieter we have an obligation to protect all of our guests, including you. Please understand if you were dining at Denny's with your wife and family were sitting next to somneone with a conspicuous weapon, how safe would you feel? I certainly do not feel as though the manager was discriminating, although she may have been reacting emotionally and it may have felt like she was singling you out.
I will not spend a dime in Denny's until this policy is changed. It is too bad, too, as my son likes eating there.[/quote:3ckin8p0]

the Brunswick Denny's GM Noel welcomes carry even OC....and last time i had a problem there said the GCPD cause the disturbance(which is factual)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts