Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I recently went to wal-mart to purchase a 20 gauge pump shotgun for home security, 1st time doing this ever, Anyway I filled out all the paper work and was delayed and told They'd call me in a couple of days, to make along story short, I made a appeal to the ncic and they responded with a letter saying Quote; A person who has been convicted in any court of crime punishable by imprisonment for a TermExceeding1yror any state offense classified by the state as a misdemeanor and is punishable by a term of imprisonment of more than 2yrs,Well I had to misdemeanors in 82' convicted,OFFENSE;poss/manu//dist,etc-marijuana. SENTENCE;PROB-8M FINE: $150.00 OFFENSE;DUI, SENTENCE:FINE;$300.00 and TRAFFIC SCHOOL, So are they saying because these offenses could carry more time they denied me. TIA digthis :D

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
Thanks for the info, need to get that hb 793 rolling, because as you said this is unfair to a lot of people who were young and foolish and and have since grown-up and changed their ways! makes me bitter and want to go buy a gun off the street, or the easy way get some nerd brother of yours to buy you a gun and give it to you as a gift!
TIA digthis :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.