Democrats Will Never Confiscate Your Guns. Instead, You’ll Hand them Over.

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by xls177, Sep 7, 2016.

1. xls177

xls177 Member

[FONT=&quot]Democrats Will Never Confiscate Your Guns. Instead, You’ll Hand them Over.[/FONT]

When the government outlaws semi-automatic firearms, they won’t send cops or troops door-to-door to take them. No, first they’ll send out letters saying they know what you have, and that you have to turn it over by a given deadline or face a penalty.
    It’ll be up to you to prove that you’re clean, and that you’ve handed over everything. They’ll have a list, and if they think you’re still holding, they’ll hit you with asset freezes.

The other thing they’ll do is take your children.

The measures outlined above–a de facto gun registration database courtesy of the NSA and its private-sector allies, asset freezes for non-compliance, and the threat of CPS visits that hold your children hostage–will be sufficient to take well over 90% of the lawfully held guns out of civilian hands, all without firing a single shot.
    The bitter truth is this: there will be no confiscation shock troops for you and your buddies to shoot back at, and we will discover too late that the rights-defenders’ fantasy–of one, crystal-clear moment when it’s time for everyone to rise up as one and take it all back–has been the establishment’s biggest ally and freedom’s deadliest enemy.

[FONT=&quot]http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/08/31/democrats-will-never-confiscate-guns-instead-youll-hand/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2016-09-06&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

2. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

Sadly, I believe this is probably entirely too accurate.

3. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Probably true

4. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

I guess we all need to start getting our paperwork together showing where we sold all of our undesirable weapons. Example: I sold my AR to EJR years ago, we both have a bill of sale, EJ in turn has a record of a similar transaction later with someone else and so on and so on. Have them running in circles.

Seriously though, the biggest thing is getting local and state officials to refuse to help the Feds do it. This is why people should focus more on state and local elections (if you're going to participate in elections). Nullification is the key. The BATFE and FBI don't have the feet on the street to do anything without willing accomplices at the local level.

5. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

The Federal Government can freeze bank accounts or stop Social Security checks without a state's permission in order to deprive the people of their Constitutional Rights.

If that ever happens, I hope our governors will use all of their resources to convince Washington D.C. to reconsider.

6. EJR914

The feds have made sure the state's all bow down to them now. They've made sure of it.

7. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I read the whole article. It's not just Democrats. Republicans are just as statist. Unfortunately, the author has identified the wrong target set. He has no idea what 4GW is about.

8. slacker

slacker Member

I lost all of my guns in a tragic boating accident. I guess I'm a little less sad now. I won't have to turn anything in.

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE:

"Oh, I’m sure there are folks reading this who are so off-grid that none of the above can touch them. Their guns are totally invisible to the NSA, their assets are all in the form of cash and physically held precious metals, and their kids are home-schooled on a well-guarded ranch.

But is that blessed group big enough to overthrow a determined US government? No, it ain’t."

MY COMMENT:

If 90% of the owners of modern semi auto paramilitary weapons will give them up to the Feds rather than go down shooting over the issue,
    How many American gun owners will do this domestic terrorism / 4th Generation Warfare thing you speak of?

10. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

10% of 90 million is 9 million.

11. EJR914

It's funny but no goverment agent is going to buy that, you'll be going to prison.

12. chainsaw123

chainsaw123 GPDO Supporter

So how would one provide "proof" that any gun purchased new from a dealer has since been sold? I have sold many guns i bought new over the last 40 decades and i no longer have bill of sales. So, what do you propose?

13. gunsmoker

Chainsaw, if they have evidence that you bought a gun, and you have nothing other than your verbal statement that you sold it to "some guy" (you forgot his name and never knew anything like his address, phone number, e-mail, screen name on a gun chat site, etc.)...

... the cops are going to search your house and property.

Now under current 4th Amendment caselaw, that's probably not Kosher, but in this future gun-confiscation administration we're speculating about, I doubt that they will give a rat's rectum about any of the Bill of Rights. The 4th Amendment will not be allowed to interfere with effective gun control.

So then, they'll claim they have the right to search your home, all your land, your vehicles, etc. They'll probably have dogs, metal detectors, and maybe ground-penetrating radar. And they'll make you AN OFFER YOU CAN'T REFUSE before they begin searching: "Tell us where your guns are hidden, and we'll just confiscate them. If we search and find them, you're going to jail tonight, your kids are going to foster homes, and we'll foreclose on your property and sell it at public auction and give the money to the government."

14. gunsmoker

P.S. Even if you did really sell / trade the particular guns they're looking for, when they find your hidden cache of weapons, they'll seize any that are illegal, even if they didn't know about them until just now finding them.
    And for those, you can be prosecuted.
    Do you have a stolen gun in there that you bought off the street or at a flea market?
    Do you have a sawed-off shotgun in that PVC artillery shell tube buried in your backyard?
    That footlocker of gun accessories in your attic-- does it have full-capacity AR and AK magazines, the possession of which is a felony?

15. chainsaw123

I have no kids, no money, no assets. Just a plain guy going paycheck to paycheck trying to survive. Search all you want for the colt 45 1911 i bought in 1977, it aint here. Search all you want for the ruger 44 mag carbine i bought in 1981?, it aint here and so on and so on. Buy the time if/when this ever takes place i will be able to honestly say that there are no guns on my property and they have all been disposed of.

I still dont see this ever taking place in America. If it did there would probably be enough patriots willing to go full out rebel and start tracking down the politicians who allowed it.

16. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

And that is what transforms a reasonable man into a killer.

17. EJR914

You don't have to worry about that in the US. They will just ban the new creation like they did in 1986 to machine guns. Nobody rebelled back then. No 4th generation warfare.

You just will see them less and less out in public. They will be nonexistent in generations just because of rust.

18. chainsaw123

At least i will hopefully be dead by the time this happens.

19. xls177

xls177 Member

They will start the calls for turn in once there is an attack by ISIS or other plausible disruption of normal life. Even if they have to create it.
    Just the excuse they need to win public opinion and limit any mass resistance.

This is how it has always been done through out history.

20. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I disagree.

If it's a terrorist attack, even some leftists will be on our side locking and loading.