Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
I was reading that somewhere else too. Interesting that the bill is being stalled because he wants more coverage for national LEO carry.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
merlock said:
ptsmith24 said:
"'I'm getting anxious,' says Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence. 'I get concerned that the longer we are away from Virginia Tech, folks are going to ignore the problem.'" ...
The problem that you helped to create?
+1
That may be, but what I think he is anxious about is losing all the political power that comes from deaths of innocent victims.

I would be downright worried that a Democrat lead House and Senate is having a hard time tring to pass even a marginally small anti-gun bill that had both Brady Bunch AND NRA support.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Gunstar1 said:
I would be downright worried that a Democrat lead House and Senate is having a hard time tring to pass even a marginally small anti-gun bill that had both Brady Bunch AND NRA support.
Would you be as worried if you lived in a state that for the first time in 130 years had a Republican lead House and Senate and Governor and is having a hard time passing even a marginally small pro-gun bill that . . .

You get the idea.
Yes.

However I am not so sure our Governor is all that pro-gun. It also seems that our Lt Governor wants to limit the passage of them too, or perhaps it is someone else in power in the Senate limiting the passage of only 1 progun bill a year.

Also I beleive the Cheifs of police were against that marginally small pro-gun bill as well as Georgians Against Gun Ownership.

But yes I agree and I am worried.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Gunstar1 said:
However I am not so sure our Governor is all that pro-gun.
He was the author in the Senate of the last major pro-gun bill in this state.
Yeah, well things must have changed once he reached the governors mansion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts