Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The talking heads on ABC were laughing about this this morning. If this had been a conservative shooting the TV over something a democrat had said or done I wonder if their demeanor would have been the same.
Man Shoots TV and Holds Police at Bay All Night
According to the complaint, Cowan and his wife were watching "Dancing with the Stars" when Cowan jumped up and swore as Bristol Palin appeared, saying something about "the (expletive) politics." Cowan was upset that a political figure's daughter was on the show when he didn't think she was a good dancer, the complaint states.
Cowan went upstairs for about 20 minutes and returned, demanding his pistols, which had been taken by his daughter about a month ago for safety reasons. He was carrying a single-shot shotgun, which he loaded and fired into the television, according to the complaint.
Link showing he contributed to the democrat party
10/18/2004 Cowan, Steven Black Earth, WI No Employer Listed $100.00

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
If it were about the family of a prominent democrat, the Secret Service/FBI/ATF/NSA/CIA/TSB/ACORN/FNMA/HUD/FEMA/GM/SEC/CAIR/DOD/DHS/IRS/DMV would likely be investigating.

Crazy cheese heads. Probably still mad about Brett Favre.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Reportedly set off by Bristol Palin's appearance on "Dancing with the Stars," a rural Black Earth man shotgun-blasted his TV set and kept police at bay outside his home for 15 hours Monday and Tuesday before he surrendered.
Some people take tv way too seriously. It is a GAMESHOW!!! :screwy:

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
So, there are people who should not own guns. :sly:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
175FO said:
When my GFwants to watch that show it makes me want to shoot the TV too.
+1
Wife watches it

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
I only watch until Cheryl Burke gets kicked off. :yum:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Pardon me while I think about Maksim for a minute. :love:

Brandy was a better dancer than Palin and she and Maks should have been in the finals. But, it didn't even occur to me to shoot the TV when they were kicked off and Palin got to stay.

I guess the daughter should have taken away his shotgun also.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
But us right-wing extremist are the dangerous ones, right?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,312 Posts
His wife said he threatened to kill her with the gun, too.
So that's why there was a SWAT standoff and why they made a big deal about this.
If all he did was shoot his TV, and he wasn't threatening people, or drunk, or crazy....

Elvis shot his TV. He didn't get arrested for it.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Elvis shot his TV. He didn't get arrested for it.
This fellow is no Elvis. Plus Elvis surrounded himself with people that protected him.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
politenessman said:
just goes to show there are democrats with guns.
That are apparently really pissed at the election turnouts.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The liberals are the ones I would really be afraid of with guns because they come up with some crazy scenarios about what people will do with guns which I think is self reflective.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Link
LOS ANGELESâ€"The FBI is investigating a threatening letter containing white powder that was delivered to the "Dancing With the Stars" production office at CBS Studios on Friday.
"An initial field screening was negative for hazardous substances, but the letter will be transported to a regional lab for further testing," FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said.
ABC news just reported it was addressed to Palin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts