Delta drops NRA...

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by rle737ng, Feb 24, 2018.

1. rle737ng

rle737ng Member

It seems that Delta is dropping the NRA from its discount program. They are joining the liberal screamfest and going after NRA members. They also want fuel tax breaks from GA. I suggest people write/call their State reps/Senators and ask that Delta be denied any fuel tax breaks. There needs to be some cost for betraying us to liberal hysteria.

I have already contacted both of my reps.

GlockGary likes this.

2. GoDores

GoDores Like a Boss

Great job, Delta! Thanks for taking a strong pro-2A stand!
    :woohoo:

Right? They must have read this board and seen the threads, like this one, where the NRA is described as "sellouts" who "actively oppose gun rights", and anyone who supports them is a "fool". Obviously DL management took this message to heart and ended their NRA partnership so us Georgians could see how committed they are to real 2A activism.

Right?

zetor likes this.
  3. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

A lot of companies have piled on
    United Airlines
    Sirva (Allied Van lines and United Van lines)
    Best Western
    Wyndham Hotels
    Met Life
    Hertz
    Enterprize
    Avis
    Symatech
    First National Bank of Omaha (largest privately held bank in the U.S.)

That has to be a victory for us here

4. OldWoreOutMarine

OldWoreOutMarine Active Member

You nailed it. It has been a rough week for a lot of people and some organizations. There have been many losers. For me the biggest loss of all was here at GPO. It seems open and civil discourse left. Just sad.

5. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

At this time I don't care for the NRA. My membership lapsed some time ago and I have not renewed.

HOWEVER...

If and when they get their act together and start saying "shall not be infringed" instead of bending over, then I will join them again.

But even now I will defend the NRA against the shrill anti-gun rights voices and companies that blame the NRA, either directly or indirectly, for the acts of evildoers.

Delta does not deserve to get the fuel tax-break, and I hope our Georgia General Assembly will see it that way as well.

Savannah Dan and Schweisshund like this.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Bad you are not still a member. There is a bit of revolt going on in the Board of Directors regarding policies and politics.

Almost like a replay of the revolt a few years back. Get things back to where they are meant to be.

Nemo

7. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Delta did not and has not supported the NRA. The only thing Delta did was offer extra air miles for flights of NRA members registered in their program. So bye bye Delta.

8. Wheedle

Wheedle Member

Delta is, and has been very anti-gun for many years. Employees are prohibited, under threat of termination, from keeping a gunlocked in their car on company property. They have gone so far as to search the lot with dogs.

9. Speevl

Speevl Member

Right. Life member benefactor here... I don’t agree with everything they’ve done, but we gotta fight to keep it/make it the NRA we want. Criticizing from the sidelines won’t change anything within the organization. Gun owners should be uniting not dividing. Support the NRA when they’re right, but hold them accountable when they are wrong. They’re still a net positive.

phantoms likes this.
  10. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

After you NRA members get your house in order (dumping LaPierre and Cocks), I'll consider joining. Until that happens, I'll be supporting other gun groups.

11. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

GlockGary likes this.
  12. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Georgia's Lt. Gov. Threatens To Kill Tax Break For Delta Air Lines Amid NRA Spat

GlockGary likes this.
  13. jsaund22

jsaund22 Computer Ninjaneer

Aloha8 and AtlPhilip like this.
  14. awanatech

awanatech Active Member

That tax break for Delta needs to be killed, but not because of anything related to the NRA.

15. DKW

DKW Member

I would like to know what other groups/organizations are in their discount program. They claimed (from the news article I read about this issue) that they removed the NRA from the program because they don't want to show favoritisms for so called "controversial groups/organizations".

I could buy their argument if the NRA is an outlier in the current program but I would call foul if they have group discounts for say Planned Parenthood or some other left wing group.

Leave it up to journalist not to ask the above question and take Delta's word for it without fact checking who all is in the current program.

16. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

And that's how you change them, from the inside. I voted for just one person for this year's BoD elections because his views kind of line up with mine. Being outside and bitching does nothing to help fix anything.

17. moe mensale

Yeah. We'll be sure to keep a chair warm for your anticipated arrival.

18. moe mensale

This. My understanding is that Delta got the sales tax break when they were in financial trouble years ago. They seem to be pretty squared away financially today. It should have nothing to do with the NRA.

19. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Agreed 100%. But GA people are so worried about offending Delta and them going somewhere else, our politicians will probably cave.