Delete...

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by RepeatDefender, Oct 4, 2007.

1. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Looking to buy one of these for my dad. He wants one to play with and I'd like to get it for him for his birthday in November.

PM or email me please. Thanks!

2. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I just sold mine in .40 the other day. If I hadn't needed the cash as urgently as I did it would have listed here but unfortunately it went to the pawn shop.

3. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Well...shoot. Wish I'd known you were in the market for it.

I have one. Bought it about 4 years ago. Took it to the range once.

I like it just fine...but it is the only 9x19 weapon I have, and would rather have the .45 when they finally come out with it.

If you can't find another...let me know.

We can trade for something else, or you can just buy it.

Let me know!

4. Riverbend

Riverbend New Member

Do Dad a favor

And get him something a little higher up the Quality ladder.
    Perhaps a Kel Tec Sub 2000 in 40 S&W. The High Point is pretty much a POS, like their pistols.
    The Kel Tec's are still under $300 and use Glock mags. I have the 9mm & 40 and both are reilable guns. The 40 will consistantly hit an 8" paper plate at up to 200 yards with little breeze and by holdinmg about 12" high.
    Plus they fold up for storage or back packing. :p

5. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Sorry, gonna disagree with you Riverbend.

The Hi-Point carbine is one of the most accurate, dependable carbines out there. Sure...it is ugly. But, if you never owned one...you don't know what you're talking about.

I always laugh at gun-snobs who look down on the hi-point simply because it is ugly, bulky, and cheap. The fact that they always go "boom" when you pull the trigger, and hit the target, is all that matters.

Only reason I'm willing to get rid of mine...is I would rather have the .45acp one.

6. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

I have to agree with asbrand on this one. The Hi Point Carbine is a fine weapon. Reliable and Cheap. Mine is very accurate and is super dependable. It is a blast to shoot and never fails to elicit a comment when I take it to the range. My only complaint, it's ugly as sin.

7. Riverbend

Riverbend New Member

I obviously didn't know

Musta not had a clue that I was commenting on such a fine weapon, I submissively apologize for dissing what several of you prefer as a "fine" weapon. My years of gun ownership, competing and using all types don't make me an "Expert" by any means and if I offended you with my opinion on "High Point Weaponary" I offer my condolances to you and your following, that have such high regard for these plastic, yet rather inexpensive marvels of plastic & pot metal. :oops:

8. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

*rolls eyes*

Whatever dude. I didn't say it was a "fine" weapon. I said it did what it is designed to do, which is put bullets downrange, every time, on target.

Gun snobs. *LOL*