delay execution by attempting suicide???

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by jasonb, Sep 21, 2010.

1. jasonb

jasonb New Member

http://www.ajc.com/news/execution-delayed-for-death-618295.html

We have to wait to kill him because he tried to kill himself. My head itches from scratching so hard. Why not just give him some tips and let him have another go at it?!?!

2. Z33

Z33 New Member

This just blows my mind! Reminds me of the Ron white skit about Texas and the death penalty...

3. corey541

corey541 New Member

That'll teach him...

but seriously, at some point enough is enough.

4. dam294

dam294 Active Member

Since when is anyone too dumb to die. It happens every day. Hey y'all watch this......... :shakehead:

5. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

I was involved with several executions when working with Corrections, this is far from the most insane reason from stopping an execution. In the mid 90s one was stopped because we got dinner while waiting. The judge stated it could be construed as a celebration.

6. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Political correctness run a muck.

7. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I'm all for the death penalty being carried out on him, as he murdered three people in the course of a home invasion. But y'all do know they had to delay the execution in order to treat him, in case there was a stay or reprieve that might possibly occur for some other reason. Wouldn't look good for them to let him suffer and die just as the governor or courts communted his sentence to life in prison. Not saying that I agree with the delay, but that's our current system.

8. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

Poor guy, he fails at life and death. Maybe he'll steal someone's shoelaces and give it another go to try and save face. Or just wait until the State finally gets their chance... they're pretty good at making sure executions work the first time around.

9. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

Ahhhh no....I have seen it take two trys with the state's last means of execution.

10. kestak

kestak New Member

It is why I am for execution squads. I have no recollection of a botched execution of 7-12 marksmen shooting a SOB at 15 feet direct in the heart.

Hanging can fail. Lethal injection can fail. Gas can fail. Electric chair can fail. But 6 to 11 bullets (one is always a blank) placed in the chest won't fail.

Thank you
    P.S.: I volunteer to use my Kabar knife on him. I won't fail. I'll even give him the choice: the ribs or the brain.

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If he wants to die early, they should move up the execution to meet his request.

12. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Our current approach to the death penalty is a waste of time and money. :screwy: We need to get our act together or just forget it.

13. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

They could of treated him up until the execution, If a stay was issued, then they could of resumed treating him. No reason to delay the execution.

14. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

Sure. I've heard of people who survived sticking the business end of a shotgun in their mouth and pulling the trigger. Rare, but it happens. Usually it's a very effective method of killing someone, like State executions.

If you happen to be the victim of a botched job on either of those methods, then it definitely sucks to be you, but the second try will most likely do the trick.

15. jhvaughan2

jhvaughan2 Member

It is a good thing that he did not succeed. They may have commuted his sentence :help: .

16. RecoveringYankee

RecoveringYankee New Member

I was about to start a separate post about this. Glad to find it is already being discussed.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD9IG78AG1

I will only add....

http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/Pending/10/sep10.htm

Throw him a rope, turn off the cameras, and go get a cup of coffee. Problem solved. Why is there any question here?

17. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

How about put the rope around his neck, leave the cameras on and kick the chair out from under him. Maybe that would make some of the other thugs think twice.

18. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

Good riddance to bad rubbish. No sympathy here, especially after hearing what he did to that family.

19. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

WHY THE VICTIMS DIED:
    ....Rhode and Lucas were ransacking the Moss' home in search of valuables in April 1998
    when Bryan Moss saw them through a front window,
    and entered through a back door armed with a baseball bat, prosecutors said.
    They said Moss and his son and daughter were shot to death.

I think I read somewhere that one of the guns used in the murder was a gun stored loaded by the victims at their own home.

LESSSONS TO LEARN:

1--If you think there are burglars in your home, and you have your family with you, don't be a hero and risk all your lives.
    Back off, take cover, and call 911.

2-- Don't take on a group of burglars with a baseball bat. Assume all burglars have guns, especially when YOU left them YOUR GUNS in the house, unattended, not locked up or disabled !!!

3-- Don't leave loaded guns around the house for intruders to steal and use against you, or against the cops who might chase them after they leave your home.