DeKalb Tax offices now have SOs and Magnetometers

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Montieth, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Montieth

Montieth Active Member

So, for years, the DeKalb Tax office on Dresden Drive in Brookhaven has had a limited security function in the form of a private security guard. They have recently added a DeKalb SO Deputy and a magnetometer with the reiteration of the rule of 'no weapons'.

Yay, more security theater.

2. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

And more waste of taxpayers money.

3. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

So, for years any criminal thug could carry there undetected.
    But soon after the law changes to allow law-abiding GWL holders the ability to LEGALLY do the same thing, suddenly it's a problem?
    NOW they have to actually do something to screen for weapons?

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

The armed thugs are not the problem. The problem is letting good guys also carry, cause you know, shootouts between them. /sarcasm

5. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

If I had money to throw around, I'd put together a class-action defamation suit. They're effectively saying that GWCL holders can't be trusted while criminals can.

6. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

So the Dekalb tax offices has decided to cost the taxpayers even more taxes. :screwy:

7. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

Things like this, among many others, are what prompted me to vote with my feet and abandon DeKalb County for the north Georgia mountains. There are many good people in DeKalb County - unfortunately just not many good ones in DeKalb County government. At least Cynthia McKinney is gone . . . but Hank's still there.

8. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I'm glad I left Dekalb a long time ago for Gwinnett, but I hope to move to the North GA mountains someday as well.

9. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Anyone know if the new(?) location in the South Dekalb Mall (Gallery at South Dekalb) has such nonsense? Do the Fulton County locations?

EDIT: There's a Google "streetview" supposedly from April 2018 that doesn't show any obvious screening: https://goo.gl/maps/4LD6xMHQkkt