Dekalb Police Officer driving with 7 year old tags...

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by foshizzle, May 1, 2007.

1. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13229088/detail.html

I'm absolutely FURIOUS. Chief Bolton is going to deal with him? What about the other officers who ran his tags 126 times since 2000 and failed to write him a ticket? This is the blue line in action... and this is why we have events like Neal street. I don't mind professional courtesy, but this was a FLAGRANT violation of the law... every officer who ran his tag after 2002 should be FIRED. His ass should be fired as well... and have his POST certification taken away.

Letters away! I'm glad I'm getting out of this dump of a county this month.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

what is it....blue wall of silence?

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Words fail me.

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

The fact that I have to pay that wonderful tax every year sucks, of course it is due on my birthday! Who ever thought of having it on your bday was an ass to begin with! Nothing better then celebrating it and writing a damn check! Well at least I get to go shoot with you fine folk!

This guy is just another example of of a bad apple, not to mention every other cop that let him off. I know courtesy, but jeez after a few months how far does courtesy go?

At work in Suwanee, the local PD have zones set up for speeding and such usually every month. You wouldnt believe how many they arrest in a day for tags, no license, insurance. I couldnt believe it, not to mention our parking lot getting full after about 2 hours! They catch them speeding, then usually get the "I dont have insurance" or even worse.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

It is extremely rare for police officers to ticket another officer.

6. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Are you defending that practice :?:

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

No. Nor am I defending the practice of the first question after you disclose that you have a firearm being "For what agency do you work?" (usually phrased as "Who you with?") I think officers should be subject to the same laws as everybody else.

I.e., they should have to get a firearms license to carry, even on duty.