Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
Joined
·
19,386 Posts
Thanks for the pick-me-up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
If I live to age 84, I'll be the same way. I might even be buried with one of my guns. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mark5019 said:
to bad he wasnt a better shot now must try the bg wasted $$
He at least ended the threat that was in his home. Saving tax dollars is last thing anyone thinking about when faced with a home invader.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,172 Posts
triggerman357 said:
mark5019 said:
to bad he wasnt a better shot now must try the bg wasted $$
He at least ended the threat that was in his home. Saving tax dollars is last thing anyone thinking about when faced with a home invader.
Absolutely!

Give the guy a break! He's 84 and at least he shot the little bastard.

Under similar situations, I wonder how many of us would actually make the shot? I'd like to think we all would, but nerves do strange things to people...
 

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Someone who lives up that way take Grandpa to the range; next time: 3 hits, center mass!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,974 Posts
JMJ2 said:
I might even be buried with one of my guns. :)
I hope you are not serious. Please don't waste a perfectly good gun like that. Pass it on to a friend or family member. It might just help save someone's life. I assure you that you won't need it in your casket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,864 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
JMJ2 said:
I might even be buried with one of my guns. :)
I hope you are not serious. Please don't waste a perfectly good gun like that. Pass it on to a friend or family member. It might just help save someone's life. I assure you that you won't need it in your casket.
Depends. If his family buries him with a couple of guns and the ammo for them, it would make a great cache, easily found, yet no one will mess with it.
:lol:
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
Ashe said:
GAGunOwner said:
JMJ2 said:
I might even be buried with one of my guns. :)
I hope you are not serious. Please don't waste a perfectly good gun like that. Pass it on to a friend or family member. It might just help save someone's life. I assure you that you won't need it in your casket.
Depends. If his family buries him with a couple of guns and the ammo for them, it would make a great cache, easily found, yet no one will mess with it.
:lol:
Or die in Mexico, be cremated, have your ashes spread everywhere, and then use your casket for a huge weapons cache, a la Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. That cache was awesome.



On the story, good on that ole' fella! He did a good job. :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
I hope you are not serious.
No I'm not serious :) I already told my son all my guns will belong to him and my Grandfather's guns and my dad's guns will be past down to him too.
 

·
what me worry?
Joined
·
6,504 Posts
triggerman357 said:
mark5019 said:
to bad he wasnt a better shot now must try the bg wasted $$
He at least ended the threat that was in his home. Saving tax dollars is last thing anyone thinking about when faced with a home invader.
it was my twisted humor

that you misstook for a insult to this victim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
945 Posts
triggerman357 said:
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dekalb-homeowner-84-shoots-647371.html

As the burglar came upstairs , the homeowner grabbed a pistol from his nightstand. He fired three times at the intruder, hitting him once in the leg.......
I am so glad that this man was able to defend himself however, this is an important lesson on getting some training and learn how to shoot.

Three rounds one hit to the leg is sub standard in my book for some guy coming up your stairs is about as best as standing on the square range the target is moving toward you, to me is like shooting and someone else is bringing the target in. At best perp should have been still there when the police arrived in need of some medical attention or dead.

I had a student who came to me after a shooting she had been in a car jacking. She got of five rounds from her snub nose .38 and just nicked his left ear he took her weapon and she got a whipping to go along with it. She is good to go now everyone thinks just because they have a gun the bad guys are going to run. What if they don't?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Signal 69 said:
triggerman357 said:
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dekalb-homeowner-84-shoots-647371.html

As the burglar came upstairs , the homeowner grabbed a pistol from his nightstand. He fired three times at the intruder, hitting him once in the leg.......
I am so glad that this man was able to defend himself however, this is an important lesson on getting some training and learn how to shoot.

Three rounds one hit to the leg is sub standard in my book for some guy coming up your stairs is about as best as standing on the square range the target is moving toward you, to me is like shooting and someone else is bringing the target in. At best perp should have been still there when the police arrived in need of some medical attention or dead.

I had a student who came to me after a shooting she had been in a car jacking. She got of five rounds from her snub nose .38 and just nicked his left ear he took her weapon and she got a whipping to go along with it. She is good to go now everyone thinks just because they have a gun the bad guys are going to run. What if they don't?
In my experiences its a challenge to get some people to understand the importance of having a handgun for protection. The fact that this gentleman had a gun and used it successfully helps our cause much than if he had nothing and beaten within an inch of his life. I'm glad to see more senior citizens defending themselves from criminals. I would love to go to the range and watch this guy shoot. Hell, he may teach me something since he actually has 'real world' experience.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top