DeKalb homeowner, 84, shoots intruder

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by triggerman357, Sep 30, 2010.

1. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

2. dam294

dam294 Active Member

3. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

don't mess with old people,they'll shoot ya :lol:

4. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Thanks for the pick-me-up.

5. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

If I live to age 84, I'll be the same way. I might even be buried with one of my guns. :)

6. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

to bad he wasnt a better shot now must try the bg wasted $$

7. triggerman357

He at least ended the threat that was in his home. Saving tax dollars is last thing anyone thinking about when faced with a home invader.

8. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Absolutely!

Give the guy a break! He's 84 and at least he shot the little bastard.

Under similar situations, I wonder how many of us would actually make the shot? I'd like to think we all would, but nerves do strange things to people...

9. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Someone who lives up that way take Grandpa to the range; next time: 3 hits, center mass!

10. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I hope you are not serious. Please don't waste a perfectly good gun like that. Pass it on to a friend or family member. It might just help save someone's life. I assure you that you won't need it in your casket.

11. Ashe

Ashe Active Member

Depends. If his family buries him with a couple of guns and the ammo for them, it would make a great cache, easily found, yet no one will mess with it.
    :lol:

12. 69953

69953 Guest

What does the fact that he was a homeowner have to do with the story?

13. tkruf

tkruf New Member

Good for him. :shoot:

14. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Or die in Mexico, be cremated, have your ashes spread everywhere, and then use your casket for a huge weapons cache, a la Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. That cache was awesome.

[​IMG]

On the story, good on that ole' fella! He did a good job. :righton:

15. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

No I'm not serious :) I already told my son all my guns will belong to him and my Grandfather's guns and my dad's guns will be past down to him too.

16. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

it was my twisted humor

that you misstook for a insult to this victim

17. Arkimedes

Arkimedes New Member

+100

18. Signal 69

Signal 69 Member

I am so glad that this man was able to defend himself however, this is an important lesson on getting some training and learn how to shoot.

Three rounds one hit to the leg is sub standard in my book for some guy coming up your stairs is about as best as standing on the square range the target is moving toward you, to me is like shooting and someone else is bringing the target in. At best perp should have been still there when the police arrived in need of some medical attention or dead.

I had a student who came to me after a shooting she had been in a car jacking. She got of five rounds from her snub nose .38 and just nicked his left ear he took her weapon and she got a whipping to go along with it. She is good to go now everyone thinks just because they have a gun the bad guys are going to run. What if they don't?

19. triggerman357

In my experiences its a challenge to get some people to understand the importance of having a handgun for protection. The fact that this gentleman had a gun and used it successfully helps our cause much than if he had nothing and beaten within an inch of his life. I'm glad to see more senior citizens defending themselves from criminals. I would love to go to the range and watch this guy shoot. Hell, he may teach me something since he actually has 'real world' experience.

20. Ga_Regul8r

Ga_Regul8r Member

Just a coincidence? There is a link to a story below the article titled "Raising Nincompoops." :rotfl2: