Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Glock Block Supporter
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was walking into the DMV today, between the two sets of entry double doors they had a deputy sheriff and a metal detector in use. I have never seen them do that before. I asked the deputy and he said they just started doing it.

·
American
3,289 Posts
As I was walking into the DMV today, between the two sets of entry double doors they had a deputy sheriff and a metal detector in use. I have never seen them do that before. I asked the deputy and he said they just started doing it.
No such thing a couple months ago in Canton's DMV office. But then again, that is Memorial Drive......

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
So what will that deputy tell a lawfully-armed citizen who wants to enter?

You wouldn't be committing any crime unless you fail to follow his instructions about how to secure or transport the weapon.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are you referring to the Dekalb tag office?

·
Like a Boss
3,034 Posts
Wonderful. Do they have any other locations where they don't pull this crap?
DeKalb has satellite tag offices on Dresden Dr. in north DeKalb and South DeKalb Mall in the south. Neither location had any screening the last time I was there, but the Dresden office has an armed private security guard. The south office has armed security too but I think I recall him being a uniformed LEO.

I hope we're not going to start wasting money on this nonsense in DeKalb. I've been at the county board of elections office frequently lately and they're very diligent (in a positive way) about observing the law. When they have early voting on site they have the usual "no guns" signage as well as LEOs, but anytime it's not a polling site they remove the security and take down all the antigun signs.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yea, the central location had an armed rent-a-thug as well. One of the rudest pieces of trash I ever saw, fortunately, I never had an encounter with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.