Dekalb Dept of Motor Vehicles - Memorial Drive

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by GlockGary, Jun 29, 2017.

1. GlockGary

GlockGary Glock Block Supporter

As I was walking into the DMV today, between the two sets of entry double doors they had a deputy sheriff and a metal detector in use. I have never seen them do that before. I asked the deputy and he said they just started doing it.

2. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

No such thing a couple months ago in Canton's DMV office. But then again, that is Memorial Drive......

3. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Wonderful. Do they have any other locations where they don't pull this crap?

4. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

So what will that deputy tell a lawfully-armed citizen who wants to enter?

You wouldn't be committing any crime unless you fail to follow his instructions about how to secure or transport the weapon.

5. Circuits

Circuits Member

Are you referring to the Dekalb tag office?

6. GoDores

GoDores Like a Boss

DeKalb has satellite tag offices on Dresden Dr. in north DeKalb and South DeKalb Mall in the south. Neither location had any screening the last time I was there, but the Dresden office has an armed private security guard. The south office has armed security too but I think I recall him being a uniformed LEO.

I hope we're not going to start wasting money on this nonsense in DeKalb. I've been at the county board of elections office frequently lately and they're very diligent (in a positive way) about observing the law. When they have early voting on site they have the usual "no guns" signage as well as LEOs, but anytime it's not a polling site they remove the security and take down all the antigun signs.

7. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Yea, the central location had an armed rent-a-thug as well. One of the rudest pieces of trash I ever saw, fortunately, I never had an encounter with it.